At the Lake (Louis Imagine)

You and your best friend Louis were sitting down by the lake. You and Louis had been friends since you were kids and even though you didn't talk as much as you wished you could because of his schedule, the two of you always made it a priority to hang out when he was home. He was on a week-long break from tour and had invited you for a day on the lake with is family.

The two of you had gone fishing, rode jet skis, and swam all day long. It was now just after sunset and the two of you were sitting on the dock. The temperature had dropped quite a bit in the last hour and you were beginning to get cold.

"Did you not bring a jacket?" Louis asked noticing you shivering.

"No," you answered as he laughed at you.

You looked over at Louis who was pulling his hoodie off of his body. His toned chest now visible.

"Put this on," he said.

You hand it back to him before he stops you.

"Keep it, I'm not cold." He said.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," he said smiling at you.

You pull it on over your head and instantly feel better. You take a deep breath and can smell Louis on the sweatshirt. It made your heart start to beat faster.

The truth was you liked Louis as more than a friend, but knew you didn't stand a chance. He had just broken up with his long term girlfriend and he wasn't looking for a relationship. Even if he was, you knew he wouldn't want someone like you. He had millions of girls chasing after him.

You lean your head on his shoulder and he leans his head on yours.

"This is what I love about coming home. There's no screaming fans, paparazzi, security, none of that. It's just me and the people I love most. I can be myself here and I know that everyone here is hanging out with me because of who I am, not because of my fame or money." He said.

"You know you're still the dorky guy I've known most of my life, right?" You asked.

"Yeah I know, that's never going to change," he chuckled.

"Louis..."

"Yeah babe?" Your heart fluttered at the word "babe."

"I missed you...this...us. Just being with you." You said.

He was quiet for a moment before he turned to look at you.

"I missed this too. I miss your laugh and your smile. I miss how you always know what to say. I miss the feeling of being so comfortable around someone. You're my best friend, Y/N. It's not the same when you're not around." He said.

He was now inches from your face. Your heart was pounding in your chest. You wished you could lean in and kiss him, but you knew he didn't want that. Why would he?

Then he swallowed and began leaning towards you. You closed your eyes and felt his soft lips meet with yours. He gently reached over and put his hand on your cheek. He deepened the kiss slightly before pulling away.

You opened your eyes and looked into his. His lips turned into a wide grin.

"I...um..." he struggled trying to find the words to say.

"I love you Lou," you said.

"I love you too, Y/N. I have...for a while." He said.

"How long have you loved me?" You asked.

"I don't know...I think I've been in love with you for years but was afraid to tell you." He admitted.

"What about Eleanor?" You asked.

"I liked her, she was a sweet girl, and she was a good girlfriend, but what her and I had isn't what you and I have." He said.

"I've loved you since we were 18. I was going to tell you until you went on the X-Factor. Then everything got crazy and I was afraid you would find someone else." You said.

"Well love, you should've told me then because it would've saved us both a lot of trouble." He said.

You smiled and he leaned in again.

You spent the rest of the night wrapped in Louis' arms, stealing kisses here and there. You were so happy that the truth was out and that he felt the same way.

It was the start to a long and happy relationship between the two of you.