she lifted it into her hands, walking over to eddie whilst he had his back turned before dumping it over his head. eddie's mouth formed an 'o' in disbelief, the chunks of carrot running down his body and drenching him orange. he shook his head like a wet dog, causing carrot bits to fly away and hit bella in the face. she hurriedly lifted her arms to protect herself, a giggle escaping her lips before the war continued.

"what is going on!?" the two froze, the smile dropping from bella's lips as they turned to see mr sweet staring sternly at the pair. "my office, now!" she hurriedly placed the bucket down, walking down the stairs of the stage with eddie right behind her, seeming a lot more nonchalant than her, as they followed mr sweet back to his office.

"i hope you have a good explanation for this?" the two stood in the middle of his office, bella unable to meet mr sweet's gaze as eddie stood smugly beside her.

"results kind of speak for themselves, don't they?" eddie glanced over at bella with a teasing smile, but she just glared at him, signalling for him to tone it down.

"are you trying to be clever?" mr sweet questioned.

"would it upset you too much if i said yes?" eddie fired back, taking the girl aback as she couldn't believe how he was speaking to the older man. although it shouldn't really come to much surprise considering how she had seen the boy speak to victor the other day.

"right, you will both help joy and fabian organise the ball." bella was even more shocked by the punishment, tearing her gaze away from eddie and towards mr sweet, wondering if she had heard right.

"that's it?" she questioned, not believing her ears.

"go and clean yourselves up, and try not to drip too much on the way out." mr sweet ordered, amused with the way the two looked. eddie and bella both nodded, turning away from the principal as they made their way out. 

"i can't believe that's our punishment." bella mumbled as she opened the door, stepping out first as eddie followed behind.

"hey, we're still stuck together." eddie pointed out, rolling his eyes at the idea of spending even more time with bella. 

"don't remind me." bella sighed as she pulled out her phone. her eyes widened in surprise, realising that she had missed a text from nina calling for a sibuna meeting. "i gotta go." she didn't spare the boy a glance as she hurried down the corridor and out of the building, heading straight back to the house.

༻✦༺