Chapter 18

Anthony agreed, and after a few moments, we headed to the shops for some light shopping. We sent Millie back home to let my mother know.

When we went to the book store. I noticed a pretty girl staring at us from across the street. I followed her gaze it was on Anthony, who was looking at me. I smiled brightly at him as he moved and held the door for me. It was then a gasp escaped my lips.

Anthony looked at me, worried. I put a hand up in a stop motion.

"Please do not move." I moved closer to him and placed my finger in his hair close to the pretty little butterfly that took up residence in said hair. It quickly hopped on my finger, and I slowly brought it close to me to observe it.

"Goodness. How ever did you get here pretty little thing." I cooed at it. I love butterflies. I looked up at Anthony, who looked like he was in awe and also wanted to laugh at my antics. Benedict and Eloise came closer at the commotion. 

I noticed some potted plants nearby and placed my finger there to allow the butterfly to have a safe spot. It did not want to get off the Penelope express. "Come on, sweet thing. Off you go." Finally, it fluttered down to the flower pot and rested there.

I looked back at Anthony, who still held the door, and walked into the store. "My apologies, Lord Anthony. I simply adore butterflies." He chuckled and followed me in.

"It looks like they adore you as well." I felt a flutter in my hair. I sighed.

"Naughty little thing." I muttered with a pout.

"Well, I simply must let it be, I suppose." I looked at the other Bridgertons who looked like they wanted to laugh.

The butterfly flew onto my nose. I deadpaned at Anthony. "Lord Anthony, control your butterfly." He chuckled a bit and raised a brow at me.

"My butterfly?" Mirth saturating his voice. I huffed a bit.

"Tis was in your hair. Was it not?"

His siblings could not hold it in and were belly laughing along with some of the store patrons.

I sighed, and once everyone calmed down, the butterfly flew back to Anthony's hair.

"See. It is most assuredly your butterfly."Anthony sighed, and everyone started laughing again.

"Eloise, please pick your books quickly, sister."