Chapter 2

My so called sisters and mother stared at me. I had my hair done up with the feather as was required but with yellow roses as well that went well enough with the gold yellow in my court gown. It was too late to take them out as we were already in the carriage. I smiled brightly at them and turned to stare out of the carriage. 

It looked like our neighbors were just getting in their carriage as well. A girl with dark hair looked directly at our carriage and looked at me with sad eyes. I tilled my head in confusion did Penelope know her. I waved at her and her eyes widened. She smiled at me and waved as well. Maybe she is a friend.  

 One of Philippa looked at me with a frown. "Did you two fight. Usually you are always following Eloise around." Everyone then started to look at me curious of my answer. I smiled at her and held my hands in my lap in a poised position. 

" It is time I hold my own do you not agree. One can not hold on to everything and everyone for ever. Time continues and we must change with it." I answered wistfully.  I turned back to the window so I did not laugh at her frustrated face or our mother's surprised one. The rest of the ride was peaceful. Thank goodness I can only hold my crazy self back for short amounts of time before causing chaos. 

   When we entered I allowed my sisters to enter before me so that I would not trying to compete for space with them. I let my shoulders back and head parallel to the floor. I walked then with a sense of belonging that I did not have. I am a rich beech and and smell like it. I let my face settle on a serene type of expression. I meet the queen everyday, yes I do. 

     I could sense the nervous energy my sisters seemed to have radiate off them and cleared it way from me as I floated down the way my sights set on the Queen Charlotte her self who seemed quite bored. 

     When our eyes met I let my self send her a smile with my eyes.  She sat up as we neared and Stared at me as I allowed my self to curtsey in my dancer way. I genteelly moved my hands to sit in front of me positioned in way that looked artistic as I bent my knees as I had practiced smoothly my head bent down to show reverence towards the Queen. Then I held it. I heard steps coming towards me. The queen lifted my chin genteelly and stared into my eyes. I slowly allowed myself up so that she could stare at me head on. 

"A wild rose. "  

  Thud. We both turned towards Prudence who fell face first into the stairs. In unison we both sighed. I turned back to the Queen and did my pretty curtsy one hand over my heart and the other lifting a piece of my train softly. 

"Our apologies your majesty. One can only learn from  experience at times unfortunately. " She laughed and patted the top of my head.

"A wild little rose indeed." She moved back to her throne and motioned for the next lucky debutant once we had Prudence out of the way.  Our mother was both embarrassed and surprised.  Lady Daphne was presented and she got a flawless from the queen. It seems like she is the Diamond of the season based on what my sisters had been on about earlier in the day. 

   Once we made it back home mother sent my sisters up to rest and brought me to the sitting room. As we faced each other mother let her feelings be known. 

"Daphne Bridgerton is this seasons diamond but the queen called you a wild rose. We need you to make sure to secure a good match so that your sisters will have better standing when it comes to their matches." 

    There it is she is more concerned with her eldest daughters. If I play my cards right and secure a good match as they put it, I should be able to leave this dump. No more checking over my shoulder, trying to see if I did things right. To be perfectly honest I do not care if the man is rich or noble. All I need is some sucker that loves me more than I do him. If I get that then I would not need to worry about him cheating or doing me dirty if he gets "bored" of me.  The faster I find myself my simp the better for me.  I nodded at her and reached for her hands. 

"Worry not mother. I will endeavor to make the best match possible."  to my specifications but she did not need to know that part.