Lydia's Song

I sat up and faced Kellin confused. "When did we stop?" I asked not even noticing we weren't moving. He smiled, "Like three minutes ago." I noticed the bag in his hand the same time everyone else did. "FOOD!" Jaime yelled and dropped my phone running to Kellin. Kellin shook his head. "Uh uh sorry Jaime not for you." Kellin said at the pouting bassist. He looked to me. "I brought Wren food." I smiled when Jaime huffed and returned to his seat and picked my phone back up.

I giggled and looked over to Kellin. He tossed me the bag and I pulled out a sandwich and smiled at him. "Thanks Kellin." I said happily eating. He smiled, "Anytime little bird." I stood and wandered into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I noticed a box of monsters labeled 'Mike'. I pulled one out without hesitation. I'm pretty good at reading people and Mike may look tough but he's a softie. I wouldn't even think about it if I thought he would be mad. I stepped back into the lounge and noticed Mike and Jaime were taking up the smaller couch and Vic, Kellin, and Tony were taking up the big one. I looked around and debated my possibilities. Even though the tour bus is cleaner than I though it would be I wouldn't wanna sit on the floor so that's a no. I could ask Kellin to get out of my seat but, he's done so much for me plus he just sat down. I saw Tony sit my laptop on the small table and made my decision. He wasn't paying attention to me so I just casually walked over and say in his lap. Everyone laughed as I leaned on him and started eating my sandwich.

I looked directly at Mike as I took a sip of my drink. He rolled his eyes and I smiled. "What are we doing today?" I asked as I finished my sandwich and tossed the trash into the trash can. "We have to perform tonight." Kellin responded. I nodded, "And you will be side stage." He finished and I smiled. He smiled back, "but we still have to drive for a few hours so, I came to ask if you wanted to hang on my bus with me because, all of my mates are on Mayday's bus because they had a sort of party last night after everyone left." He asked. I thought about it and nodded. "Sure." I saw Jaime pout, "Don't ditch us for Kellin!" I laughed and playfully shrugged. "He brought me food." I stated and I saw Kellin wipe a fake tear causing me to giggle. "Aw she has such a cute giggle!" Jaime cooed. I giggled again and they all laughed and I stuck my tongue out at them.

Kellin checked the time and grabbed my hand pulling me up with him as he stood. "We need to get to my bus." He said and I nodded and grabbed a jacket and some shoes. Realizing I'm still in sweats I grabbed some stuff to wear to the concert and walked back into the lounge. Jaime tossed me my phone and winked. I looked at him quizzically but stuck it in my pocket. Kellin grabbed my bag and my guitar from the corner.

I didn't even question and followed him. It was a little chilly but, not freezing. I sighed in relief. "No more cold!" I said causing Kellin to snicker. I swatted his shoulder and walked to his bus with him. He opened the door and I heard laughter inside. I looked at Kellin and he shrugged. We walked on to see Alex and Jack laying on the floor. "What are you doing?" I asked they looked up at me. "Jaime texted me to you were riding here with Kells so we snuck past security and decided to ride with you guys." Jack said. "Ooh play us a song." He said pointing to my guitar. I bit my lip. "Actually I was gonna work on an original today if I had the chance." I answered. They all nodded. "It's cool we won't judge. We can help if you want?" Alex offered and I shrugged. My songs are personal but, I kinda need help with my new one. I set everything up and pulled out my notepad. I sat in the floor and everyone sat in a circle around me. Jack had a guitar and Alex and Kellin had notepads. I began with some complicated chords and I saw even Jack looked impressed. I began singing a scale and began the little vocals I have.

" It seems like yesterday when you were reading me to sleep.
We used to laugh and play, all day.
Oh how I miss the smiles that we shared.
Even then I could see you cared.

I saw your picture the other day.
Your photo reminded me,
Tomorrow is another day
Another day without you
I miss you
I miss you oh oh
I need you
I need you now.

And I just want to be the beautiful soul, you made me believe I could be
And I wanna believe that maybe things turned out the way they should be."

I bit my lip and looked up at the others. "That's all I got." They all looked struck with mixed emotions. Compassion, caring, sadness, and awe. "It's beautiful." Alex murmured and we began to chatter and sing harmonies and focus on chords until we finished. Tears glazed my eyes. I pulled the lyrics from other songs I never completed and it looked like how I always imagined. Me and Jack played guitar together me doing the opening chords with him echoing me and we switched back and forth. I cleared my throat and hummed the scale and opened my mouth and started to sing putting all my emotions in it. Alex was recording it with Kellin.

" It seems like yesterday when you would read me to sleep.
We were careless and carefree and worried about nothing.
Life wasn't great but, it was fun with you around.
Oh I miss the smiles we shared and the laughs and the tears.
Even then I knew you cared. "

My voice rose as I began again with almost screaming.

" I saw a picture of you yesterday
I saw your photo and it reminded me that tomorrow is just another day
Another day without you
I miss you
I miss you oh oh
I need you
I need you now. "

I dropped out on guitar and allowed him to play before starting the chorus with amazing vocals and strength with palpable emotion in the air.

"And I just wanna be the Beautiful soul, you made me believe that I could be
And I just need to believe , that things turned out the way that they should be.
Maybe then I could believe you'll ever be proud of me."

I paused and took a small sip of water before actually screaming.

"It's been too long since I've seen your face
It's been to long since I've heard your voice
It's been to long since I've felt your love
It's been too long
Too long
Too long."

I held out the scream and came back in with the chorus. I took a breath after the chorus and lowered my voice to an almost whisper to finish the song.

" I love you even now
Even more than when we were kids
I still smile at your name
I can't wait to see you again
I'll so much to explain."

I took a breath at the end and I saw tears in everyone's eyes. "What are you going to call it?" Jack asked when Alex turned the camera off. "Lydia's song." I answered taking deep breaths.

-------authors note---------
Okay, so these lyrics are literally mine. So do not copy any of them. The song is actually called I still miss you. It fit in the story so I used it. DO NOT STEAL MY LYRICS!!!!! Love you guys, stay strong! You can make it!
~Therandombandgirl