𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝖺𝗆𝖺 𝖽𝗎𝗆𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗀 & 𝖬𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝖾

- - -

It was dark. Hannibal and Y/n both arrived at the safe house. Y/n walked inside leaving the door open for Hannibal, as Hannibal followed behind closing the door behind him with a lock. Y/n turned on the lights, and took off her jacket. She hasn't said much at all since they went to the pipe company.

Hannibal studied her as she neatly put her jacked on the couch.

"Is something bothering you, Y/n," he asked, braking the silence.

"No," she replied weary.

Hannibal frowns slightly, sensing Y/n's inner turmoil. He slight took a step foward to her and gazed at her.

"Why didn't you tell Jack or Richard about the possible suspect," Hannibal broke the silence again with another question. If he wasn't going to get answers directly, he will have to get answers another way.

"There was no need to," she replied, as her mind was racing with doubts and uncertainties.

"No need ? You said, he could be the guy the FBI is looking for. Why not say it," Hannibal repeated the question.

Y/n stayed silent as she let out a soft sigh. "Remember when I told you I see a similarity between this blood painter and the Chesapeake ripper," Y/n asked softly.

"Yes. What about them is exactly similar?"

"Isn't it strange that 8 specific girls of my discription, 1 of those girls got put back- all of the killings have been similar to the came way Garret Jacob Hobbs killed his victims. The girl found a couple days later.. she was ingraved- he's copying both the copy cat and the original owner. He's... repeating the same killings we had back in Maryland. And his crimes don't seem like his crimes either. Which explains the quite sloppy job-but he's been doing quite a good job in my opinion."

As Hannibal stayed silent thinking and questioned, "why would he be doing that? He's one of a kind. Why copy another killer?"

"Attention? I- All I know.. is if my theory is correct.. in a few days.. we will be seeing a plantation of alive people buried alive, fungi living on them as they connect with them as a living organism," Y/n replied.

"Why not tell Jack to prevent it? Isn't that what you want," Hannibal asked him.

"Yes but.. I need a to put to the sacrifice these three people," Y/n replied.

"Why sacrifice innocent lives for the sake of a theory?"

Y/n's jaw tensed, her gaze unwavering. "Because if I'm wrong, if I've misinterpreted the signs, then these sacrifices will have been in vain. But if I'm right..."

Hannibal finished his sentence with a knowing nod. "Then we will have uncovered a danger far greater than we ever imagined."

Y/n exhaled slowly, the weight of her decision heavy on her shoulders. "I can't risk being wrong, Dr. Lecter. Not when so many lives are at stake."

Hannibal saw her slight distress and thought for a moment. "Let me cook you coming. You haven't eaten all day."

"It's okay, I've eaten-"

"Dishonestly isn't a habit we have towards each other," Hannibal cut her off .

Y/n hesitates, knowing Hannibal's keen ability to detect even the slightest falsehood.