𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖭𝗈𝗇𝖾

- - -

"What," Y/n asked.

"We're going to New York to help them catch this so called Blood Artist," Jack said.

Y/n was in Jack's office, standing up and Jack was sitting on his desk. Hannibal was besides
Y/n hearing everything.

"Why do we need to help them? Don't they have their own FBI team," Y/n questioned Jack.

"Yes, they do, but this killer is a different kind of beast. He's something they've never seen before-"

"What makes it any different from getting our help? I don't understand- where is the logic in that," Y/n interrupted Jack with another question.

"They NEED you!"

"Why me, though? Don't they have their own dedicated profilers and forensics experts?"

"They do, but this killer's style is so unique that it requires a special mind to understand it. You're the only one who can truly understand the kind of a killer they're dealing with, and that's why you're the one they need," Jack said. "Besides, it's not like you're working on any other cases right now."

"Oh, I wonder why. Shall we talk about how you kept me locked in my own home for TWO days with my psychiatrist?!"

Jack kept quiet for a few seconds seeing how Y/n expressed being upset on her face, with her brows slightly frowned, eyes narrowed and as she spoke he can see a slightly veins from her neck.

"This case is too important to just ignore, Y/n. It's not just one killing or a series of killings -- this killer wants to send a message to the whole city," Jack said, trying to make her understand.

"Even if I agreed to help, how could I possibly understand the mind of someone like that? That's not something scientific, just fiction, Jack"

Hannibal looked at her.

"Science and fiction often intertwine, don't you think? After all, isn't it through fictional narratives that we often explore the depths of our own understanding, both scientifically and emotionally? Perhaps the line between the two is not as clear-cut as you believe. We can always find fragments of truth in the realm of fiction," Hannibal said.

"I believe it's crucial to maintain a clear distinction between scientific inquiry and fictional narratives. Fiction can certainly provide insights and inspire our understanding, but when it comes to truly comprehending the mind of someone like that, we need to rely on empirical evidence and rigorous analysis. Fiction may spark ideas, but it's the scientific method that allows us to truly grasp the complexities of the human psyche," Y/n looked at Hannibal expressing annoyance. Hannibal way about to say something but Jack won him to it first.

"You'll be working with the team of top FBI agents," Jack said.

"Not so top if they need help from a person like me," Y/n said with slight attitude in her tone but it was quiet as she turned to look back at Jack..

"They'll fill you in on their theories, and together, you'll be able to paint a complete picture of this killer and their motives," Jack said,

"Jack, do you know what Freddie Lounds has been saying about me in her articles? She's been writing way more since I've disappeared for two day," Y/n told Jack.

"Your work has spoken for itself. You've been recognized by the top brass at the FBI for your exceptional investigative skills, and they want your expertise on this case."