"Hey." He stood up, reached over and pulled the window shut. "The drain pipes on this house are really strong." He smirked.

So, that was how he managed to climb up to my bedroom window.

"Uh ..." I wasn't sure what to say as I gripped the hem of my hoodie and pulled on it, suddenly feeling very conscious of the fact I was standing here, in nothing but a hoodie and pyjama bottoms. I hadn't even bothered to put a t-shirt on underneath.

And now, Orion ...

I mean, this gorgeous guy was in my room.

My bedroom.

I had never had anyone in my room before.

Ever.

Orion kicked off his boots, placed them under the window, then shrugged off his coat, to reveal a dark tight t-shirt that was stretched across his strong chest, clinging to his thick arms for dear life.

Oh my god.

I blinked, then averted my eyes to the floor as a hard throb rippled through my body.

This was a bad idea.

I tugged more on my hoodie, aware of the tent that was building up in my boxers. There was hardly any material shielding my growing erection and, well ... Orion.

Oh crap.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I watched as Orion settled himself on the floor, leaning his back against the opposite wall. He stretched his long legs out in front of him and smiled at me again.

"So," he started, his grin lighting up his handsome face. "What do you think about this curfew? Pretty crazy, huh?"

I shrugged. "Conri just wants to keep us all safe. He's worried that there's a killer on the loose, I guess."

"I suppose there is." He frowned. "What with Tala dying and everything."

The mention of her name brought unexpected tears to my eyes and I blinked, trying to hold them back. I couldn't start crying now.

I wouldn't.

"But it sounds like whoever it is has gotten away," Orion wondered and I looked up at him to see him scratch his chin.

"Maybe."

"I mean, there's not been any more ..." He paused, then rubbed a hand across his mouth. "Nothing else has happened. That's what I meant."

Silence.

I ... didn't know what to say. I felt stupid. My brain wasn't working properly. Wasn't functioning. Instead, all I could feel was ... mush. Fog.

Oh god.

"So, you're adopted?" Orion peered at me from under his long dark eyelashes.

Nodding, I pulled on my hoodie once more. "Yeah. My parents died when I was a baby. Claudia doesn't have any children of her own, so she adopted me."

"Have you always lived in this house?"

I nodded again. "I've never lived anywhere else. Never even been outside of this town before."

Orion's eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"You don't go visiting anywhere else? Any relatives living anywhere else?"

I shook my head. "Claudia doesn't have any siblings or anything, and I don't have any family."

"Oh." He dropped his eyes, then started picking at his jeans.