you're home

You had been away on a trip with your sister. You and your sister had been doing it every year since you were able to travel alone. You'd go to a new place every year for almost 2 weeks. When the two of you were young you both agreed no partners on these trips, it was time for just the two of you. Of course you didn't realise at the time you'd end up with Taylor and it was beyond excruciating to leave her for any longer than a day.

You went away as per usual, but this time was different, you missed Taylor more than you ever had. She messaged you a lot.

My Sweet Tay❤️
I miss you so much, I hope
you're having fun!

My whole world ❤️
I miss you too, so much
baby. We're just at the beach
right now I'll call you before bed
tonight, love you beyond words.

My Sweet Tay❤️
I love you most
*insert photo of taylor
blowing you a kiss

My whole world ❤️
*Photo of you on the beach
also blowing a kiss to taylor

You smiled as you put your phone away out of the scorching sun and looked out at the crystal clear blue water.

You looked over at your sister who was reading a book. She noticed you glance at her and lowered her book.

"What?" she asked her eyebrow cocking as she saw the small grin on your face.

"I miss her," you murmured in response.

"Y/N we got here yesterday," she chuckled, shaking her head. "It's like you've been counting the minutes until you can talk to Taylor again."

You sighed, a wistful smile playing on your lips. "Yeah, well, I can't help it. It's different this time, her and I are married now, we've barely spent a minute apart since the wedding."

"You've been married for two years!" she laughed loudly. "We didn't go on this trip last year because Taylor was on tour and now all you're thinking about is Taylor, can't you just appreciate some time with your sister?" she rolled her eyes playfully

"You know I love our weeks away together," you responded with a chuckle. "But you know how it is when you're in love. It's like having a permanent piece of your heart with someone else. Besides, you've been the one telling me for years how lucky I am to have Taylor in my life."

She nodded, a teasing grin on her face. "Okay, okay, guilty as charged. I can't blame you for missing your pop star wife. I just don't understand anytime away from my husband and kids is treasured!" she stated causing the two of you to burst our laughing, once the laughing settled you stared out at the water thinking

"Maybe next time she can come with us," I thought out loud.

"Uh-Uh!" she gasped dramatically. "Y/N don't you remember the pact we made!"

"Yes yes! I know! but we were 7 and 9 when we wrote these rules, we thought we'd be with boyfriends, we didn't know i'd be with pop sensation Taylor Swift!"You exclaimed, drawing out the last four words dramatically as if introducing her to a crowd.

Your sister burst into laughter, shaking her head. "Alright, fair point. We definitely didn't anticipate a Taylor Swift level addition to the equation when we made those rules. So maybe... next year. You are not flying her out here on her private jet this year," she said seriously, before bursting into laughter.