new years kiss

this is a cheeky little happy new year from Australia 💗

Taylor's POV (she's delusional)

I really want to kiss Y/N at midnight but we're not exactly dating, so it would be weird to just kiss her right? She is my best friend but we're so close and so flirty with each other we may as well be dating. 

Maybe if I just stand near her at midnight it might just happen, in the moment, when the clock strikes 12.

I was in a blur and didn't even notice Y/N standing right in front of me with a drink for me.

"Here you go, baby, are you okay?" she asked handing me a drink. She had been calling me Baby for as long as I can remember. I don't really know why but I do know it gives me butterflies.

"Yeah, I was just reflecting on this year, it's been so crazy," I replied with a grin before taking a sip of my drink— my favourite vodka coke.

"I'm so so proud of you for everything you've done this year Tay, you have no idea how much you've inspired me," Y/N said, her eyes reflecting sincerity.

I smiled at her words, feeling a warmth spread through me. Y/N's support meant the world to me, and the fact that she stood by me through thick and thin made everything more special.

"Let's hope 2024 is just as good!" she continued, we clinked our glasses together to that.

All night we mingled with friends and both of us had a few too many drinks but not enough that we were forgetting things, and I definitely wasn't forgetting my hopes of kissing Y/N at midnight.

We all surrounded ourselves outside on the balcony waiting for the countdown. I was cuddled into Y/N's side, mostly because of the lack of seating out here, but also because I loved being close to her. I was so comfortable with her and honestly quite exhausted that I began closing my eyes.

"Tay, baby don't fall asleep, there's only 10 minutes till the new year," Y/N's voice jolted me back to the present. I chuckled, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I'm awake, I promise," I reassured her, a playful grin on my face.

"Good, wouldn't want you missing the countdown," she winked, I felt myself blush, and tried to hide it by reaching over for my drink, but I heard Y/N chuckle. I'm sure it wasn't at me, though her eyes have barely left my face tonight and it was starting to make me feel a little more than just flustered.

The minutes to the countdown were slow, especially now that I had made myself extra tired by closing my eyes, however, in the last few minutes of the year the adrenaline began flowing again and I was wide awake, Y/N and I now stood side by side. She took my hand as we stood there, and began twisting the ring on my left ring finger, a rather large diamond ring I had been gifted by her earlier this year.

The 10 second countdown started and her hold on my hand for tighter as the seconds got closer to 2024.

THREE TWO ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Everyone shouted and before I could even initiate a kiss with Y/N her lips were already on mine.

"Woah, I didn't think you were gonna do that," I whispered and she pulled away with an odd expression on her face.

"Taylor, we've been married for 3 years," she laughed.

Oh that's right Haha.