she thinks you forgot her birthday

It's TayTay's b'day soon, so I thought I'd post this one!

It was Taylor's 34th birthday, you and Andrea had planned her a a surprise party for the afternoon, Andrea had made the surprise one step harder for you and said "to play this off we need to make her believe we forgot her birthday," You couldn't even bear the thought of Taylor thinking you had forgotten about her on her special day, but it wasn't just you. Everyone close to her.

You woke up early that morning and considered calling Andrea to explain you couldn't do it. It's not like you'd ruin the surprise by saying happy birthday to her in the morning.

However, you just slipped out of the bed and decided to go make breakfast for the two of you like usual. You made her favourite crepes, which happened often because you knew how much she loves them so it was special but not.

Just like every other morning she would sneak down the stairs and snake her arms around you from behind, she would place kisses on your neck until you showed her enough attention and turn to kiss her.

"Good morning baby," you greeted with a warm smile, you turned and placed a sweet kiss on her lips. As you pulled a way you moved a strand of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "You look beautiful, my love," you continued, admiring Taylor's radiant morning glow.

She grinned, her eyes sparkling with affection. "Flattery in the morning? What's the occasion?"

You chuckled, attempting to play it cool. "No occasion, just appreciating the beauty that wakes up beside me every day." Her smile dropped slightly, disheartened by the fact you were yet to acknowledge the day. Seeing her smile drop broke your heart into a million pieces.

You took the made crepes to the table, Taylor following in your trail with clean plates for the two of you. The two of you sat and began eating. Taylor picked at her crepes, stealing occasional glances at you, her eyes searching for any signs of recognition. You kept conversations flowing asking her general questions like how she slept, if she had new ideas for tour next year and so on.

"Do we have any plans today?" Taylor asked quietly, you could hear the hope in her voice but also the disappointment.

"Tonight we have that event for Gracie's new Album, and I have a few errands to run. I was thinking maybe you'd want to join me and we could get our nails done or something?" Taylor's eyes lit up slightly at the mention of the evening event, and she seemed intrigued by the idea of getting their nails done together. "That sounds nice," she replied.

After finishing the crepes, you suggested a walk in the nearby park to enjoy the morning air. It was a chance to spend more quality time together and further distract Taylor from the surprise that awaited her. Hand in hand you made your way through the park, some fans even saying happy birthday to her, that just made her more upset, but she kept quiet.

After the walk you took her to the nail salon. At the salon she seemed to relax, however you could still sense her disappointment and confusion.

As Taylor chose her nail color, you could tell her mind was still processing the events of the day. You decided to break the silence, aiming to lighten the mood. "You know, I was thinking of trying something new with my nails. Any suggestions?"

Taylor looked up, a hint of a smile playing on her lips. "Oh oh, can I choose and surprise you!?" she asked. You grinned, realising that Taylor's enthusiasm for the surprise was infectious.

"Absolutely, go ahead baby." you couldn't deny her wishes as it was the first thing that she had shown excitement about in the last few hours.

She had chose a colour you would absolutely never chose for yourself, but you were happy because it went with your outfit for tonight.