a long weekend

It was the weekend, every second weekend your kids would spend a weekend at Nanny Andrea's to give you and Taylor some time together.

As mothers of 3 children that time was sacred and often used so the two of you could laze around, sleep in and... other activities.

This week however you were driving the kids to their grandma's on your own. You had no idea where Taylor was and no idea when or if she was coming back. Your kids of course had caught on to the lack of presence of their mommy and asked where she is. The only explanation you could come up with for them was she was having a sleepover with some of her friends, you quite literally had no idea where she was.

Your eldest daughter Cecilia, was sat in the front seat. She had your phone and was controlling the music. She had been playing some of her mother's music, you were certain that if Taylor wasn't her mother, she would be the biggest swiftie in the world. Technically still she was, she even shared the name and genes with Taylor, and sometimes wrote songs with her. She was quite honestly a clone of Taylor, she had her debut curls, her electric blue eyes, even her infectious smile. You loved how close she was to Taylor and how Taylor got to call her daughter her biggest fan.

The youngest two, twins, didn't exactly have much to say about the music playing. They were only 3 years old, however you wished one of them could have had an opinion right now, maybe say "Mama, can we listen to baby shark!!" or something of that description.

The truth was you didn't want to listen to Taylor's music because you were so angry and disappointed in her for just walking away after your stupid fight over her tour schedule. You knew she didn't have much say over the dates and it was a very strict schedule but she was going to be away for 6 months to start with and you had to stay with the kids on your own for that time. With the help of family of course, yet it's not the same. You weren't even angry with her you were just upset especially that she couldn't be there for the twins birthday in July or Cecilia's first day of high school.

She took it the wrong way though and thought you were mad at her, you weren't. You are now because she just left and hasn't been back for over a day.

You arrived at Andrea's, you got the twins out of the car while Cecilia got the two bags they brought full of clothes and other necessities. You had one twin on each hip as they both had a whinge when you tried to put them down to walk. Cecilia knocked in the door and you were quickly let in by none other than your wife, Taylor.

Your eyes opened wide at the sight of her, not expecting to see her standing there.

"Ahh, my babies!!" Taylor exclaimed making grabby hands at Caroline and Elena. In the meantime Cecilia had pushed past her mother and jumped into her grandmothers arms. She did adore Andrea but you never thought she'd push past Taylor and Taylor's attention for that or her grandmother.

You handed Taylor Caroline as Elena fussed a little having just woken up from her nap in the car you gently swayed her as Andrea broke the tension between you and Taylor to let you in.

Andrea lead you and Elena to the kitchen while Taylor took the other two upstairs to her old bedroom that now had bunk beds for when your girls stayed the night.

"What is going on with you two?" Andrea asked as she began making coffee for you.

"I wouldn't know! We had a small fight over the tour and how she won't be her for Cece's first day of high school or the twins 4th birthday, but I acknowledged it was out of her hands and it's what she had to do but she just walked out," you sighed, feeling the weight of the recent events settle in. Andrea gave you a sympathetic look as she continued preparing the coffee.