Epilogue

A blinding light lit up the dark room, an earth-shaking boom following afterward. Kyle's eyes flew open and his body jerked upward. His heart pounded as he attempted to fight his disorientation. Another strike of lightning brought him to his senses. Realizing he is in bed, he turns and looks at his husband.

Kyle reaches over and caresses Stan's cheek. Stan's eyes slowly open and lock with Kyle's as another strike of lightning lights up their bedroom. They just stare at each other until Stan yawns, "What's up?"

Kyle lets out a sigh and lays back down, facing Stan. Instead of responding, Kyle leans in and gives Stan one firm kiss. He turns around and invites Stan to spoon. Stan gladly obliges.

"Are you anxious for them?" Stan murmurs.

"How could I not be?" Kyle says, exhaling a breath he didn't realize that he was holding in.

"They're going to be fine. Everything has been proceeding very smoothly, given the situation," Stan says reassuringly. He grabs onto Kyle's hand and begins to gently rub circles into his palm.

"I know..." Kyle sighs. He accepts Stan's affection and lets go of the stress in his shoulders. "I'll have you know that the storm woke me up."

"That's because you're restless and worrying," Stan hums, trailing his hand up Kyle's arm and to his chest. He pulls Kyle into his own chest deeper.

"You're probably right," Kyle says with a chuckle. "Our children will come out healthy."

At the same time, both of their phones light up with a text. Kyle hurriedly reaches over and grabs his phone.

her: They're coming right now!!

read 03:46

Kyle rips the blanket off both of their bodies and flies out of bed.

"What!?" Stan anxiously asks. He doesn't wait for a reply and grabs his phone with haste. A gasp escapes his lips.

Within 45 minutes of receiving that life changing text from their surrogate, they were at the hospital. They came prepared; Stan carried the hospital bag with various baby items they would need for the hospital stay. As the two 29 year olds watched their son and daughter be born, a beautiful warmth wrapped around the entire room. Kyle cried as he held his first born before she was taken by the staff to be examined. Stan stared at his second born in awe, watching as his son let out his first cries.

Kyle wished that time would stop. He wanted to stay in this beautiful moment for as long as he could, watching the love of his life hold their son as he himself held their daughter.

Time continues to move forward.

Reflecting on his life up until this point almost gave him whiplash. It felt like only 3 years had passed since Kyle dropped KFC off at Stan's doorstep.

We went through so much to get to where we stand today. Anger, resentment, hatred, indifference, confusion, uncertainty, and love. Though we both made many mistakes along the way, I wouldn't have it any different. I love him. I love what we have accomplished together to get to the where we can hold what our love has created.

Life can really throw you for a loop. One moment you are in fourth grade playing with all of your friends. Next thing you know, you're settling on a career, buying your first house, and starting your own family. Of course, everyone's path is different, and not everyone chooses to go to college, own property, or start a family. That's the beauty in life though, isn't it? We get to choose how to live.

These years are precious. I remember when I was 11-13 years old, participating in fandoms and making countless friends online. Though I can't bring myself to be as involved online as I was when I had all the free time in the world, I still look back on these memories very fondly. Gone are the days when I was into Minecraft [fandom], AOT, Tokyo Ghoul, Steven Universe, Hetalia, and so much more. Never again will I be able to play Love Live School Idol Festival and experience what it was like to love that game for the first time.

It can be really depressing to look back and yearn for the past. Growing up is hard. You miss when life was simpler, and all you had to worry about was your grades and not pissing off your parents. Don't let it drag you down, though. You still have so much more life to live and experience. Though growing up brings about more responsibilities and stress, there is still beauty in that—there is beauty everywhere.

Nature is being itself. The birds sound beautiful, and isn't it interesting watching nature do its thing? The sky is such a beautiful shade of blue, and when it's grey, I look forward to the rain. Isn't it interesting how the weather on Earth works? Can you believe that people got together and built all of the houses, roads, and sidewalks around you? What about the device you are holding right now? It was invented and assembled by many people. Feeding the strays cats makes me feel good, but I also feel so bad that I can't be the one to home them.

If you've made it this far without getting bored: hi. I kind of rambled. There has been a point to this, though. I realize that many of my readers are very young. I want you to treasure where you are right now. Doesn't it feel so fun to be in a fandom, reading fanfics and looking at pleasing-to-the-eye fanart? And if you are in a tough area of life, treasure the fact that you have moments where you can laugh and enjoy life because of your online hobbies and interests. When you get older, you will appreciate that somehow, you ended up where you are even after what you went through in childhood.

Time keeps moving forward, but that's nothing to be scared of. You guys are the best :) You've got this.

Thank you for reading! I promise you'll see more of me! Follow me to stay updated on my projects :P