42

~Chapter 42~

Not expecting Gu Jin to be so direct, Hua Mo was taken aback. However, Gu Jin was already kind to Bainiao Island, and lending the Sky-Shielding Umbrella did go against his Master's wishes. As a result, he asked to have it returned, and Hua Mo was forced to do so. He concealed the odd look in his eyes and laughed as he said: "The Sky-Shielding Umbrella is your divine weapon. Now that the crisis on Bainiao Island has been resolved, it's time to return it to you. But the Sky-Shielding Umbrella is in Shu'er's hands. When she comes out of seclusion, I will ask her to personally and bring it back to you." 

"Thank you for your understanding, Your Majesty." Seeing that Hua Mo was not embarrassed, Gu Jin breathed a sigh of relief and pondered for a while before saying: "I have something to say, I don't know whether to say it or not." 

"It's okay to say so." 

"Your Majesty, the Demon Clan loves war and kills too many people. Therefore, it is very difficult for them to overcome the tribulation. Many demon lords at their peak died under the Nine Heavens Thunder Tribulation. We immortals pay attention to the harmony of heaven in our cultivation, so when we are promoted to, we are always better than the demon lord. The Peacock Clan and the Eagle Clan have been at war for hundreds of years, and the two clans have suffered many casualties, which harms peace to both clans. Since the Eagle King is willing to give up and make a truce this time, why doesn't Your Majesty take advantage of these ten years to negotiate with the Eagle Clan? Repair it and eliminate the discord between the two clans?" 

Hua Mo was lowering his head to sip his tea. When he heard this, he gently stroked his finger-locking hand. When he raised his head again, the impatience in his eyes was already hidden, " I don't know. We live with the Eagle Clan on an offshore island in the North. For thousands of years we had been in peace with each other, even on good terms. But in the past hundred years, Yan Qiu's son have grown older and become more powerful in battle, so they wanted to take away half of my Peacock Clan's Heaven Blessed Land. Our clan can't bear it for a long time. I was bullied by him, so I stood up and fought." He said and sighed, "It's a pity that my sons are not up to expectations. I was injured by Yan Qiu a few years ago, and my core was damaged. I was so tired that Shu'er fought on my behalf. Now that Yan Qiu is willing to call a truce, I, Bainiao Island, will naturally not stir up trouble again." 

If this is the case, it would be understandable for the Peacock Clan and the Eagle Clan to go to war. Gu Jin thought that Hua Shu was responsible for the safety of the entire Bainiao Island as a woman, and it was not easy to replace her. 

"I see, I'm worrying too much." Gu Jin nodded. 

"The second thing was...?" 

"Oh!" Gu Jincame back to his senses and remembered the purpose of coming to Bainiao Island this time. He held up his forehead, straightened his sleeves and robes, took a long breath, stood up and walked down the hall, facing Hua Mo solemnly. He bowed. 

Hua Mo's eyes flashed, and he understood in his heart, but he only said: "This is...?" 

"Your Majesty, Princess Hua Shu is smart, wise, filial and kind. I have been admiring the Princess since I met her on Wutong Island when I was a child. After we met a few months ago, I was even more moved by the Princess's filial piety. I have been admiring the Princess for the past ten years. This time when I enter the island and I want to boldly ask His Majesty for me to marry Princess Hua Shu." 

Gu Jin raised his hand and waved, and a box filled with divine power and a letter of appointment appeared in his hand. 

"Your Majesty, this is the betrothal letter and betrothal gift prepared for me by the Headmaster. I also ask Your Majesty to marry the Princess to me. I will definitely live up to the princess and protect her throughout her life."