10

~Chapter 10~

The young disciple of Lord Dong Hua vanished in the Wutong Island before guests could have a morning dip in the brilliant sunshine. After pleading to the Phoenix Queen to search the entire island, the immortals of Da Ze Mountain eventually located him in the Wutong Forest, where he passed out on his stomach. This news seemed to have wings and traveled the island quickly. After a meal, early in the morning, the immortals started making fun of Gu Jin. 

It had to be admitted, as an Immortal, that this oddly high ranking elder of Da Ze Mountain's the debut was somewhat embarrassing. 

However, the Old Dragon King of South Sea, who was having tea with Feng Ran in the Phoenix Palace, noticed that the young man who had caused the disturbance on Wutong Island had not been punished by the Heavenly Empress after hearing of the news. He received a mild reprimand from her, saying, "Don't worry about him, he likes to fool around." 

The Heavenly Empress and Old Master Dong Hua have good relations to each other. Is it possible that the Heavenly Empress has also shown favor to this young disciple? 

The Old Dragon King was a wise man. Upon getting out from the Phoenix Palace, he instructed his disciples, including his grandsons, to be quiet and not to cause Gu Jin any trouble at all. Everyone has relatives and friends, but at the start of the afternoon, the island's immortal lords ate up the Heavenly Empress's merest thought of protecting Gu Jin. 

Gu Jin jogged all the way to see Hua Shu with a smile after learning by mistake that she resided in Liuyun Pavilion across the hall from where he was staying. He has no idea that his silly actions from last night have immediately made him a role model for young people, encouraging them to show their innocence and to go past small problems in the eyes of the immortals. 

Though it has been quiet for a few days, today is especially different in Liuyun Pavilion. Before the last day's dinner, the women who had gathered on Wutong Island actually made the decision to visit Hua Shu. Meeting in the outer hall, the ladies exchanged awkward smiles before quietly forgetting about the previous night's talk. 

Hong Que walked to the back hall to invite Hua Shu after smiling and inviting the women to have a seat and served tea.  

Pushing open the door to the back hall, she saw Hua Shu changing clothes behind the screen. The smile on Hong Que's face became a little more open and proud, "Your Highness, the female immortals in the island have come to pay their respects to you, and are now waiting in the outer hall. Yesterday night, they were trying hard to cling to the young fire phoenix of Wutong Island, and now they are trying to take advantage of Your Highness's fame, and want to join Your Highness in the banquet." 

Any female immortal who followed Hua Shu used to draw attention from other immortal lords during banquets in the immortal realm. 

"That's because they are not sure whether the little Fire Phoenix who has passed into nirvana today is a boy or a girl. If it is a female, when she grows up, I am afraid that I will not be in the same situation as I was before." 

Hua Shu walked out from behind the screen, with an invisible hint of meaning in her eyebrows: "It's just like when Jing Zhao was in the Heavenly Palace." 

Hong Que was silent, her face changed slightly, and she remembered a past event from that year. 

When Her Highness Hua Shu was born, the auspicious clouds of the North Sea enveloped her, the sea beasts rejoiced, and the mermaids sang in joy, which can be described as a wonder in the immortal realm. The King treats the princess like jewel. The princess is loved by thousands of people in Bainiao Island, and her temperament is naturally arrogant. Two hundred years ago, there was a Peach Banquet in the Heavenly Palace. When the princess came of age, she followed her father to the Heavenly Palace to attend the banquet. At that time, some people in the immortal realm said that when the princess grew up, she would be as good as Princess Jing Zhao, the daughter of the Heavenly Emperor. For that banquet, the princess asked the clan girls to prepare a thousand-year-old silk feathered shirt and bring the peacock clan's most precious treasure, the Peacock Feather Crown. Unexpectedly, at the banquet, Princess Jing Zhao, wearing only a golden dragon and bright yellow royal robe, attracted the attention of all the immortal lords. It is true that the immortals liked the princess's appearance, but compared to Princess Jing Zhao, they lacked sincere respect.