𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

THE LOWER MOON SMILED, bowing his head to the demoness

THE LOWER MOON SMILED, bowing his head to the demoness. The two were standing near a train station where a train was being put through rebuilding.

"I humbly welcome my princess," Enmu smiled, "To the place where dreams become reality."

Asuna looked over at the large human-made contraption. Humans had come so far in their infrastructure and technology, for it looked like a majestic beast.

Its walls were polished with a sleek black paint, the windows were pristine and clear, and its wheels were built of strong steels.

"It is beautiful," she nodded, noticing there was a spot of red on one of the wheels, "Though it seems you aren't the only one who has their eye on this train."

"Ah... You're so thorough," the lower moon commented with a tinge of adoration, "The Slasher has already made a name attracting the demon slayers here. It's only a matter of time before a Hashira makes their way here."

In essence, the plan that the lower moon one had was a good one. However, his blood demon art of crushing a human's soul via another human was flawed.

"What will you do if the human decides not to destroy their target's soul?"

Enmu gave her a bashful smile, placing his finger to his chin.

"Don't worry about that," he assured, "They're all capable of doing so if they have nothing left to lose."

"So that's it," Asuna murmured.

"You use the broken to break another."

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

The flame hashira stared down at the sight before him. He was in disbelief, for the information he had gained at his most recent Hashira meeting had caused mixed feelings to bubble within him.

He had arrived at the Mugen Train on accounts of the mysterious disappearances of many demon slayers.

Sitting casually with a bento box in hand was none other than the woman that his master had just informed him about. She didn't even try to hide the color of her eyes, which were a bright red with dark slits in the center.

What was more shocking was the fact that he had met the demon, let alone ate a meal with her. Not only that, the master had informed him of her cunning and elusive nature.

It was as if she knew that he now knew she was a demon, which was why she didn't bother to hide that fact from him.

The question he pondered as his hand levitated above the hilt of his sword, was why?

"Asuna," he murmured, his hand grazing the handle.

Kyojuro Rengoku knew of his duty, his forsaken duty to destroy every demon that had taken the life of another. It was what he swore to do the second he began training. It was in his blood. It was his destiny.