𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, the birds were chirping, the wisteria flowers were blooming, and the breeze was crisp against the skin of those present

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, the birds were chirping, the wisteria flowers were blooming, and the breeze was crisp against the skin of those present. Today was an important day for several demon slayers, those known as the Hashiras, the 9 strongest demon slayers in the corps as well as a certain burgundy haired boy.

"Wake up.. Hey, I said wake up," a voice beckoned, before eventually getting irritated from having to repeat themself, "Hey! Hey you! Come on!! Are you going to sleep all day?? Wake the hell up will you?!"

The eyes of a boy with burgundy hair opened as a result of the incessant shouting, only to widen when he took in the view before him.

Standing before him were a large group of people, all with unique characteristics.

"Bummer, I heard he was a demon slayer with a demon in tow, so I was looking forward to seeing someone more flamboyant... but that's one drab-looking dude, huh?"

The boy, Tanjiro, looked up and found himself faced with a male that had bright white hair tied in a short ponytail. He donned shiny jewels along his headband with multiple dangling beside both sides of his face. Perhaps most prominent would be the way his uniform didn't have sleeves and emphasized the density of his muscles. Or maybe it was the unique red mark that surrounded his left eye.

Ah, a man of style... and much bling.

"Yes! And now, we'll put this boy on trial! I see!"

The male who chimed in had a very fierce and bold appearance. He had bright yellow hair with red streaks all throughout. His dark defined eyebrows accentuated his fiery red eyes, and everything about him screamed enthusiasm. For better or for worse.

He then noticed a girl standing beside him with bright pink hair that faded to a lime green at the ends.

To think that he's been protecting his sister who's now a demon... Now that's a beautiful sibling love! How brave!

"Wh-Who are these peop—"

The poor boy could barely get a sentence out before his head was harshly pushed towards the ground by the kakushi beside him.

"Don't open your mouth just yet, you moron! Just who do you think is standing before you?!" the kakushi scolded anxiously, "You're in the presence of the Hashiras!"

Hashiras? What is a Hashira? What's he talking about?

Ah, poor Tanjiro was a deer in the headlights in this situation.

And who are these people exactly? Where am I now?

"This is the demon slayer quarters," another feminine voice announced, drawing everyone's attention, "And you're about to be put on trial, Tanjiro Kamado."

This woman had black hair that faded to purple at the tips. She had a pleasant smile on her face and she seemed to be the least versatile in terms of expressing her emotions. However, Tanjiro could not linger on that thought for much longer as she began to speak once again.