𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

SHE SMILED AT THE CHAOS

SHE SMILED AT THE CHAOS. She indulged in it. She lived for it. She was the chaos.

Akaza could see it in her eyes. His princess was absolutely unhinged listening to the people's blood curdling shrieks and laughing at the mere sight of their greed. It was all a show to her, nothing more. She was strong— and she knew it very well.

Her speech to him entailing her views on the power structure began to make sense to him. He had never seen things that way, only that the strong should be the only beings allowed to live. Naturally he would hate others telling him otherwise, but this was different.

His princess was showing him a different side. Indulging him with her fascinations, ideals, and fantasies. Not to mention she was especially powerful. He had already noticed that she had Uppermoon 1 wrapped tightly around her finger. And judging from the mess before them, she probably had Uppermoon 2 as well.

Despite knowing this, he couldn't help but feel deep respect growing for her. She was not bragging to the world, instead exerting her power where she saw fit. She did not have to get her own hands dirty, yet she knew proudly that the blood was on her hands. Unlike his master, which he would never normally dare to think, his daughter was not a coward. Though, he had one last question for her.

"Then.. Do you believe all the weak should die?"

Right on queue, several children began to run towards the empty building. Their bodies were skinny, many had torsos visible under their thin garments. It seems like they were expecting to see the adults working in the House. Asuna watched the children with a still expression, her lips thin as she did so.

"Without them there would be no such thing as the strong," she answered, gaze fixed on the children who couldn't believe their eyes.

Between the crevice of the cement, they found a beautiful red jewel. From the way their eyes glimmered, it was clear this was more than enough to rid themselves of their daily lives as garbage scavengers.

Akaza understood her words; it had multiple meanings. The obvious one, without there literally being those who were weaker, the meaning strongest would have no meaning.

The other being that creatures often start out weak but later develop their strengths. By killing off every weakling, there would simply be nobody left to be the strongest.

His Princess, beautiful but deadly, stood before him with a gaze that looked on without a hint of compassion nor hatred. It was as if everything was simply a means that needed to happen and that it did not concern her in the slightest.

How she got to this point, Akaza had no understanding. Though, he felt a feeling grow within him as he watched her stand proudly before him. He was certain of it, she truly was a goddess.

"My Princess," he spoke quietly before bowing before her, "I will support you loyally until my last breath."

Asuna's grin widened as she turned to finally face him. Akaza stared directly at her, his determination unwavering in the face of her piercing red eyes.