𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

THE MASTER OF THE MANSION sat before the two hashiras, Shinobu Kocho and Giyuu Tomioka

THE MASTER OF THE MANSION sat before the two hashiras, Shinobu Kocho and Giyuu Tomioka. He had summoned them on account of suspicious demonic activity within Mt. Natagumo where all the lower ranking demon slayers he sent had their communication silenced.

"As you wish," they said simultaneously, the former standing up to leave. Once the Insect Hashira left the room, the Water Hashira took the chance to report on something else he found interesting.

"Is there something else?" The Ubuyashiki leader asked curiously, a soft smile on his face.

Giyuu nodded, "Yes."

"Go ahead my child," his master smiled.

"There is a reason for my tardiness in reaching that boy, Tanjiro Kamado and his family's house in time."

"A reason?" the blind male repeated.

"It is an inexcusable reason, but I was distracted by a woman. A strange woman," Giyuu confessed, "There was something off about her that I decided to investigate."

"A woman?" Kagaya muttered, "Go on."

"She had bright cascading white hair," Giyuu explained, only to quickly look up when he heard the sound of shattering glass. It seemed that his master had dropped the cup of tea he was holding in his hands.

"Master.." Giyuu muttered in surprise.

"Forgive me," Kagaya smiled back, albeit slightly strained, "Please continue."

After a few seconds, Giyuu continued, "She was loitering around the graveyard near Mt. Sagiri alone with nothing more than a dark parasol and a basket of flowers in her hand. I thought she was a normal human, that was until I saw her eyes glow. However, it did not last long as they immediately returned to their normal color."

The news caught Kagaya off guard— a woman with brilliant white hair wandering alone with a dark umbrella and flowers? He could feel his heart race as the memory of the girl he met during his childhood began to resurface. If it were the same girl, then it would make sense that she had grown into a beautiful young woman.

"And that normal color?"

"The normal color was pink," Giyuu answered.

There was no doubt in his master's mind. This strange woman that the Water Hashira had encountered was the woman he had been searching for for nearly 8 years.

Ever since she disappeared on that warm humid night leaving nothing but the flower in her wake, Kagaya had gone to that restaurant every year in hopes that one day he would be able to see her again. To make her his wife. But unfortunately, that did not happen and he had to settle on another woman who came into his life.

Even after he told her he would only allow her to stay if she truly wanted to on her own terms, she still decided to stay with him. She had short white hair, not as dazzling as the girl he had met in the restaurant, but she was still beautiful in her own right. The woman he ended up marrying for the sake of continuing his bloodline was a woman named Amane.