𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

TAKING A STROLL, the future head of the demon slayer corps made his way through the busy marketplace

TAKING A STROLL, the future head of the demon slayer corps made his way through the busy marketplace. He had been indoors for far too long, pampered beyond comprehension, and prepared to find a suitable wife all in his short 12 years. While he had no areas of complaint, the small walk was more than enough to clear his head. After all, the priests were setting up a meeting date between him and his future wife in a little less than a year.

"Kagaya-sama! Don't forget to bring a coat!"

The young boy sighed, turning his head and accepting the article of clothing before making his way through town. He passed by several stores before stopping in front of a flower shop. The glint of reflected light caught his eye as he turned to look inside. He realized what had caught his attention.

There stood a girl around his age with hair as white as fresh snow. It was extremely shiny, especially seeing as she was standing in the dark flower shop. For some odd reason, all the window shafts were closed and the only light source was the open double-door shaft he was peering through.

"The last order of blue spider lilies," a gruff voice said slowly, "Your father must be awfully sick. I hope this does him well."

"Thank you. Sir," the girl replied, accepting the bag. She then quickly turned around, staring at the black-haired boy watching her.

"What are you doing?"

Kagaya, half-startled at her catching him, just coughed.

"S-sorry," he apologized, "Your bright hair just caught my attention. It's beautiful."

The girl before him visibly relaxed, her head cocking to the side.

"Ne little wisteria-boy," she hummed, "want to get a meal with me?"

Kagaya mimicked the action, a confused look forming on his face.

"Wisteria?"

A smile formed on the girl's face as she opened her black umbrella.

"You smell like wisteria, you probably have some on you right now."

Kagaya could only watch her, mind processing every word she was saying. Something was off about her, he could feel it in his bones. But, he couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

"Then, shall we?" She asked, standing beside him in the doorway, umbrella shielding her from the sun.

"Yes," he smiled in return, "where do you want to go?"

The young girl hummed before taking the sleeve of his haori, dragging him downtown to look at all the shops. They finally stopped at an udon restaurant, one that was on the brink of closure.

"It's sad how this restaurant is about to close," she muttered sadly. Kagaya looked at the building, noticing that the windows had wooden boards lying against the walls as if ready to board up the building. Out of all the places in town,  she chose this place?