𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

THE MOON LOOMED OVER ALL, its light cascading down into the cool earth below

THE MOON LOOMED OVER ALL, its light cascading down into the cool earth below. The trees were thick over the mounting webs that glimmered under the moonlight. As beautiful as they were, Asuna knew very well the sinister strength behind them. With one misstep, one could very well lose their life.

The air was crisp against her skin as the Demon Princess made her way through the forest. She had been gone for some time, more so than she initially planned to. There were many scents lingering in the forest, some she found more displeasing than others.

As informed earlier, there were many demon slayers who had found themselves in the unfortunate clutches of her self-proclaimed younger brother. To her knowledge, he had created a tightly knitted family of his own who was at his mercy. The thought made her laugh and so she let it be.

That was, until she caught wind of his outwardly abusive tendencies from a secondary source. It had become so well-known to the point that Hashiras were to be sent in at any moment. That, she frowned, was unacceptable.

Here she was, casually traveling through the forest and daintily hopping from one thread of silk to the next. As she got deeper into the mountain, she could see the threads of the webs becoming thicker and stronger. Her brother was near, and she could hear the sounds of sword and web clashing.

Curiously, she leaped onto the branches of a tree and turned her head to look down at the scene. Below her she saw Rui, another female demon, and a human boy.

Asuna's attention was immediately drawn to the human. The boy had deep auburn hair, deep red eyes, and a dark scar on his forehead. It was so painfully familiar that she had to turn away and do a double take. She was sure of it, he was certainly his descendant.

Her playful demeanor diminished and she immediately began to feel a flurry of emotions and memories flow through her head. It all had to do with one person, one whom, no matter what she did, she could never forget.

The one love of her life, and only man she could never truly have,

Yoriichi Tsugikuni.

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

જ⁀➴  some 300+ years ago... ✧˖°

"You've brought a girl into the household?"

The sight of a tall, burly man whose arms seemed hard from relentless training did not scare the white-haired girl. In fact, it merely annoyed her that his voice could be so wretched and loud. He had a large scowl on his face, clearly directed towards the boy she had met at the river.

"What were you doing outside of your room?" he spat, "You're ungrateful for it are you? You ungrateful mute brat."

Asuna watched the scene with a distasteful expression. The boy had a terrible home life, much like hers. However, he clearly did not seem to mind the harsh words that this man, presumably his father, was spouting.