18. Show You The Way

"My gregor isnt a monster."

'I heard him called Tywin Lannister's mad dog.' Petyr told them 'I'm sure you have as well. Can you think of any reason the lannisters might be angry with your wife?'

'If the Lannister's were to order an attack under the kings protection it would be-' Pycelle said cautiously.

'It would be almost as brazen as attacking the hand of the king in the streets.' Petyr informed him.

'I cannot give you back your homes or restore your livestock but perhaps I can give you justice in the name of our King Robert. Lord Beric Dondarrion. You should have the command send 100 men and ride to Ser Gregor Clegane.'

'As you command.' Beric agreed. Ned stood up cane in hand, taking shaky steps forward.

"What is he doing?" Vaera rasped. 

"Nothing good." Cersei grumbled crossing her arms over her chest. 

''In the name of Robert of the house Baratheon the first of his name king of the Andals and the first man lord of the seven kingdoms and the protector of the realm I charge you to bring the kings justice to the false knight Gregor Clegane and all those who shared his crimes. I denounce him I detained him I strip him of all ranks and titles of all lands and holdings and sentenced him to death,' Ned said confidently,

'My Lord this is a drastic action.' Pycelle informed him, 'it would be better to wait for King Roberts return.'

"What does he mean?" Vaera whined. "False knight? Is father in trouble? Is Gregor going to be okay?" 

"I'm sure little Beric will be squashed under a rock in no time." Cersei countered. 

'Send a raven the castlery rock, master pycelle, inform Tywin Lannister that he has been summoned to court to answer for the crimes of his Bannerman. He will arrive within the Fortnight or we branded an enemy of the crown and a traitor to the realm.' Ned informed them, he nodded to Beric and he was off.

'A bold move my lord and admirable.' Petyr said 'but is it wise to yank the lions tail he is the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms?' Petyr smirked 'Gold wins wars not soldiers' Petyr added.

"Very bold." Vaera agreed as they headed out. "Father is just trying to help, it is Ned's awful that started all this." 

"She was awful." Cersei mused. 

"I'm serious. I want Tyrion back, Father and gregor are just defending this family, as you reminded me and now they are being punished for it? What of Catelyn's punishment?" Vaera pondered. 

"She will get whats coming to her." Cersei assured. "They all will." 

+

Everything seemed to happen in fast forward while Gregor was gone. Ned was in chains and then he was on trial. Vaera heard his chains clinking as he walked onto the stage. 

"Is Gregor back?"  vaera questioned Sandor. 

"No."

"When is coming back?" 

"You are the only person in the history of westeros that has ever wanted him in your vicinity." Sandor informed her honestly. 

"He's my friend." Vaera agreed. "I... I miss him." Sandor laughed out. 

"Friend. Gregor isnt capable of having friends." Sandor corrected. 

"Well he is mine." Vaera countered. She didnt listen to what ned had to say or what Joffrey spewed, she stared up at Sandor, he spun her around. 

"Whats the point? I can't see it, I might as well make you uncomfortable." Vaera mused. Sandor spun her around again, but she turned back to face him. 

"I see why Gregor likes you." Sandor grumbled. "Annoying little..." 

"He does like me." Vaera agreed. "I knew it!" 

"Shut up, girl." Sandor begged. "TUrn around." He spun her around again. 

"Bring me his head."

That caught Vaera's attention. 

"What?" Vaera countered. She heard Sansa's cries and the crowd was a mix of 'kill him' and 'bastard' shouted up at the stage. 

"He... whats joffrey doing?" vaera demanded her eyes moving rapidly to no use. She heard the blade swish through the air and the thud of Neds head landing before them. She heard the drip, drip, drip of his blood before his body fell too. 

"Do me the honors hound." Joffrey demanded. 

"Dont move, Vaera." Sandor instructed moving past her. She stood frozen as Ned lifted Ned Starks head for all to see but all Vaera heard was the drip, drip, drip of blood seeping from his severed head. 

Vaera felt herself go pale, she wanted justice for Tyrion but she didnt want Ned dead. She wanted Catelyn punished, Ned was just foolish enough to think that what he was doing was right. 

"It's for the best..." Cersei convinced herself even though she knew a dead wolf was no good to them. "He knew too much about things he shouldnt have."

"I miss Gregor." Vaera whined. "When is coming back? I dont like the capital with Joffrey in charge." She admitted. 

"Of course not, Joffrey is a mean little boy." Cersei agreed finishing her glass. "But you my darling little sister need to hold your head up. Dont let the capital get you down. I fear we have only just begun our depths into darkness."

"I will show you way, I'm good at walking in darkness."