Chapter 37- A Camera In The TV

"So now we go around the town looking for Minho and Jisung. The police in this area may be working for Jisung's parents. We can't trust them. ", Chan ordered.

"Here's a clear map of the town. Miyeon, you seem very responsible and you surely know the most about this place than anyone here, you should search near the café area, the school and the water bodies. Seungmin will accompany you as an official. 

Shuhua and Felix, stay back today. You both are too young. 

Hyunjin and I will be investigating the rest of the city. This includes the station, the district management center and even the home of both the boys. 

Is everyone ok with that? "

Shuhua was reluctant. Really? She'd come all the way here to accompany her Miyeon unni and didn't expect things to get so serious.. but she still felt like she needed to be part of the plan. She didn't trust Felix, he was a stranger.

Felix, though worried for Jisung, was desparately in need of rest. His eyes had set in his skull. He'd just been set free and had immediately travelled here to accompany Hyunjin. He was fine with a day off.

Presently, the party left.

"Huh.", sighed Shuhua, "so we're the only ones left."

"Yeah, better keep our phones close. We might get called anytime."

"Right."

The atmosphere was awkward. The hotel room wasn't the biggest.

There were two rooms separated for the guys and girls. Miyeon had taken the key to the girls room. She figured there wouldn't be much problem with just two people.

Felix lay on the bed in the clothes he'd worn outside. He was too tired to change.

"He really must be tired.", Shuhua thought, as she watched Felix drift off to sleep.

Shuhua went to sit by the window. It was morning, but there was no sun in the sky. Everything was dry despite the rain yesterday. A shadow was cast over the whole city.

"Such a dull day.", she thought, looking up at the sky. She couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

She paced around the room. Felix was still asleep. She turned the TV on.

 She turned the TV on

It wouldn't turn on. She dialed for the reception.

"Yes, the TV isn't working. If you could send someone.. we're in room 143. Thanks."

A few minutes later, the bell rang. "Room service!" 

A man with a mask on came in. His face seemed a little familiar, but she couldn't place it. He fixed the TV and left.

She noticed him glancing nervously at the bed, where Felix lay.

"Please do your work."

"Yes, ma'am."

The voice was familiar too. Was she dreaming?

"Uhm.. is the mask part of your uniform?", she asked.

"Yes, ma'am.", the man answered immediately. He seemed to be shaking as he finished fixing the TV.

Shuhua couldn't help but see how thin the man was. She didn't know being this thin was possible. Did he not get food to eat?

"Its working now, ma'am." 

He turned the volume up high, at the max, and looked at Felix in anticipation.

"Turn it down! Ugh! Do you want to damage my ears or wake him up?!"

"Ah, I'm s-sorry, ma'am."

"This was very unprofessional. May I see your card? If this happens again I'll speak to the manager!"

"I'm so-sorry ma'am.. but I can't show my card-"

"Why?! Are you not a worker here?"

"I am-"

"Then what is it? I demand to know your name! Tell me right now."

"Its.. uhh.. uh"

"Are you seriously trying to REMEMBER your own name?"

"Its.. Yang Jeonjin.."

"Fine, Jeonjin. You can leave, but don't try thus again."

"Yes, ma'am!", the man almost rushed out of the room.

I'll tell all about this to Chan. He'll put two and two together. This man was too suspicious.

............

It was late at night when the party returned.

"There's been no progress", all of them admitted.

"Chan, something happened while you were gone. I feel like I should tell you. "

Shuhua recounted the whole story to Chan.

His eyes opened wide," No.. this can't be."

He turned away from the TV and spoke with his lips almost closed. "Everyone.. out of this room. NOW. Wait outside and do NOT face towards the TV."

There was something serious in his tone that made them follow his words.

Chan bent behind the TV and unscrewed the back. His suspicions were right.

 A camera!

"This is wrong.. this is so wrong. He quickly threw the camera outside after taking out its batteries."

"What happened?", asked Shuhua.

"They've got Jeongin. They're filming us, they've kept watch and know where we are.. they're using Jeongin to do their dirty work."

"How did they even get him?!", Felix was shocked.

"A few days back, my computer was hacked. It was easy to fix but left a pretty large line across the screen. ", said Chan," I'd saved all the phone numbers and identity logs of everyone I'd known and talked to in a file. "

" They went to such drastic levels?! How could they even- This sounds impossible! ", said Seungmin. 

" Brace yourselves, everyone. It seems like we're all on the kill list. "

📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸

Author's note:

Hi there!

How are y'all liking the story? What are some changes you'd like to see?

How do you think the story will progress now?