Chapter 13- Say Something

Minho let the mark of the slap rest on him

Minho let the mark of the slap rest on him. Truth is, he didn't want to let it go. He felt like it was the first step of Jisung getting even with him. Minho smiled in the mirror of his washroom.
"This is it, huh?"
He knew subconsciously he'd been waiting for this for a while now.

The front door clicked, and shoes entered , were left at the shoe stand, and no noise ensued. Jisung was quiet. So quiet Minho would have to strain sometimes to be able to hear him walk in.

These days Minho hid whenever Jisung was around, be it in his room or the washroom-since he didn't particularly go out.
If Jisung noticed, he never gave a sign.
He was always outside anyway. He'd forgotten about the medicine shit, Minho did it himself now. Why would Jisung do it for him?

Why should he save Minho when he should be planning to kill him?

Minho stared at his reflection. He'd considered himself pretty good-looking all these years. But lately all he could find were flaws. There's no point of this, he thought, I'll have to fix the real flaws. Felix had said it'd take time , and time it did take.

Minho carefully listened for any sound outside. The bulb of the washroom flickered, the pale white tiles looked upset at Minho's presence. He finally heard the door of Jisung's room unlock.

Minho stepped out. He wanted to take his neck brace off. Just then he picked up a smell in the air.
It was different, it hadn't been in his dorm before, but he was a college student- he knew how alcohol smelled.

Jisung stood with his back to Minho, his hand on the latch of his door , his head drooping down.

The silence was eerie, Jisung didn't move for what felt like an hour.

He suddenly spoke, "Mi-Min-"

Minho didn't move, nor did he speak. Jisung reeked of alcohol, and his voice was shakier than usual.

"Min-Minh-", Jisung kept standing in his position.

"Damn it. Y-you won-won't even talk to m-me."

Minho was choking up, the atmosphere made him feel like his neck brace tightened around him.

"DAMN IT! WHY DON'T YOU TALK TO ME!!", this time Jisung turned around and looked squarely at Minho. He could see the tears brimming in Jisung's doe eyes. Minho edged back.. this was the alcohol talking.

"SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING! PUT ME OUT OF THIS MISERY!", Jisung began to sob hard. He didn't know what was happening. What was all this? All this influx of emotion from Jisung, what had happened?

Minho felt like a coward, but he didn't have words to say. His mouth shut itself up and threw the key away. His mind couldn't predict anything that would happen.

"I hate you... so much.. Min-", Jisung stalked unsteadily towards Minho, and he prepared himself for a smack.
Jisung just leaned forward, and gently wrapped his arms around Minho, fitting his face snugly into Minho's chest. Minho suppressed a little blush, this view of the top of Jisung's head stirred something in him.

"I never see you.. when I get to the dorm.."
Jisung went on.
"Am I that.. am I that.. Why do you... you don't even say my name.."

Minho remembered Jisung had told him not to.

"You've always had.. something to say.. even if it hurt.. me.. now you don't.. you don't even..", Jisung's tears soaked Minho's shirt.

Jisung suddenly took hold of Minho's face and began screaming, "I'M DRUNK! WHY AREN'T YOU-YOU BASTARD- WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ME?! DO IT TO ME! WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE! I WON'T REMEMBER TOMORROW MORNING! ALL YOUR FRIENDS DID! ALL OF THEM! WHY DON'T YOU RAPE ME! WHY DON'T YOU KILL ME! DO SOMETHING BAD! I NEED TO BLAME YOU TO KEEP GOING ON! I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!! YOU MADE ME THIS WAY! YOU MADE EVERYONE HATE ME! YOU KILLED ME IN MY HOMETOWN! AND HERE YOU ARE ACTING PATHETIC! RAPE ME DAMNIT! I'M JUST A BODY! JUST A FUCKING BODY!"

Jisung suddenly pushed Minho away, "No-", he said as his legs suddenly gave away.

"Jisung-", Minho tried to grasp Jisung and not let him fall, but his neck brace didn't let him turn. He snapped the damn thing right off.

Jisung suddenly remembered his responsibility and ,watching  the neck brace fall off, grappled on to Minho's neck with both hands to keep it steady.

"Argh!", Minho caught hold of Jisung but he fell instead, leaving Jisung standing on top of him, his hands around his neck.

Their eyes met, and a million unsent letters were passed.

"You bitch! Let go!", a different voice was suddenly heard. In their confusion, they hadn't noticed the two new figures that stood in their living room.

Hyunjin and Felix rushed to help Minho while an older girl slapped Jisung away from him.

"Soyeon! Get a hold of him!", Hyunjin shouted out.

"Is this the one?", the younger of the two girls asked Felix, pointing at Jisung.

"Yes Shuhua."

"No! Don't!", Minho screamed as Shuhua began dialing the police.

" Fuck you all! What the fuck! ", Jisung screamed into the air.

" Shuhua. Stop. Minho, what happened?", Soyeon asked the boy.

"Let him go! Let me go!", he shot a gaze at Felix that made him trust his intuition, "I'll clear everything up. But let him go first. He's drunk as fuck."

Soyeon didn't let Jisung go, but he gave in and sat on the floor himself, so she figured she didn't have to anymore.

Jisung silently crawled towards the door of his room and, getting a nod from Minho, Soyeon opened the door to him.

Jisung quietly went into his room. Felix, Hyunjin, Shuhua and Soyeon all turned to Minho.