Chapter 9- Favour

Minho's eyes opened to a white wall

Minho's eyes opened to a white wall. A feeling of nothingness captured him, it felt peaceful. There was no taste in his mouth except for the stale smack of dryness. He would've believed he had died if it weren't for his consciousness.

"Are you awake? Oh my god doctor he's awake!", a voice called out from beside him, he couldn't turn his way to look but he recognises the stress-layered relief in Felix's voice.

"Mr Lee", he heard the doctor say, " Can you respond, Mr Lee?"
Minho looked at the doctor from the side. The doctor walked up to him, checked his pulse and temperature, and other stuff Minho couldn't understand and turned to Felix.

"I believe he'll be fit to be released in a couple hours. He just needs to rest awhile. He's also got to keep the cervical collar on for a few days."

" Will he be alright Doctor? Are there any special needs I'll have to attend to? Any medicines? ", said Felix.

" Mr Lee I'd suggest you don't worry yourself. You yourself have your studies to attend to. As a friend of your father's I'll tell you this, your friend will be alright in no time but he does need to be kept away from sharp objects. He's not had spine surgery, he doesn't need a cervical collar. Its only to protect him because you kept insisting on it. "

" But Doc.. ", Felix protested," You yourself told me he's got hurt on his head before! What if it happens again? It's clearly a pattern! I just want him to be safe. I'll pay for the neck brace if i have to. "

Minho never understood why Felix liked him so much, but it brought tears to his eyes. He hoped with all his heart that Felix wouldn't ever get to know of his past.

" That's not required. Its been included in the medical bill. However, don't bother yourself. He's got a dorm-mate right? Ask him to take care of him. He's around him all day. It'll be easier. ", said the doctor.

" If you say so.. thanks Doc. Thank you so much, really. ", Felix said as he grabbed the doctor's hands in enthusiasm.

Minho had his mind fixated on how Felix must've gone through all that trouble to bring him to the hospital, he must've looked so pathetic laying on the ground with the blood all over the mattress. What did Jisung do when he saw it? He must've realised who he was. He must've seen him lay there and not batted an eye.

" Minho, rest for a few hours. Meanwhile..", he looked at the brunette with earnest eyes," I'll go talk to your dorm-mate."

...

Felix entered Minho's dorm. He had the key, Minho had given it to him to check on him for the project. Oh Minho! If only he hadn't hurt himself. He couldn't imagine a life without Minho.

His roommate sat at the dinner table, barely two feet away from the couch where Minho must've fainted, hunched over his phone with headphones in.

" Hey there. ", Felix said," uh I'm your roommates friend.", flinching at the word friend ," Nice to meet you."

"Hi.", said the other boy, taking off his headphones.

"I wanted to thank you.. for carrying Minho to the hospital. If you weren't there, maybe he'd have.. he'd have..", Felix stifled a sob.

The boy remained silent.

"I didn't quite catch your name the first time. I'm Felix by the way"

" I'm Jisung. Han Jisung. "

" Ah Jisung. You're quite known in music class. Your guitar's too well. "

" Thanks. ", Jisung's reply was curt.

" I.. uh.. I wanted to ask a favour of you.. "
Jisung didn't reply.
" It'll be great if you could help me out.. "
Jisung still didn't reply.
" I'll do your dance theory homework.", Felix offered at last.
"Fine. Let's see if I can help. What do you want?", Jisung looked away from his phone.
" You know your roommate? Minho? ", said Felix.
"Oh I know him all too well.", replied Jisung.

"So.. you've already helped him so much. Me and him. We're both so so grateful to you. So much."

"Did he tell you that?", asked Jisung.
"Ah? Well.. he's injured, he hasn't spoken a word.. but I'm sure he is! I'm sure he knows how you helped him!"

A sinister smile crept up on Jisung's face," Ah. I'd suppose so too. "

" So.. I was hoping you could help out a little, just a little , bit more? I don't mean to ask for too much. I-I'll visit a few times, but I have to do my work too... I can't stay here forever.. but Minho needs some supervision and care.. he's got a cervical something something now too! Just if you could remind him of his meds.. and see if he's keeping his neck brace on when he's not asleep-"

" That's all fine. ", said Jisung, wearing a wide grimace," but I don't think your boyfriend would like me doing all that."

Felix's eyes bulged out and he turned red, you could SEE the steam emanating from his little blonde head.

"Boyfriend?! I-what? No?!? He'd never- he's straight! And he's not into me! Its-
Do we look like boyfriends?", Felix's voice oscillated between flustered and hopeful.

"I'm just kidding.", Jisung laughed, a laugh that felt like he was smacking Felix in the face. "I'll take care of him. Don't worry."

Jisung got up and gestured at the door. Felix got up too. He wasn't liking what had become of the conversation.

"I know quite a bit about your " friend". I'll know exactly what he'd like me to do.", Jisung whispered in Felix's ear. Felix's heart slid from its seat a little bit.

Felix stepped out of the door, managing to thank Jisung despite the shift in tone.

"And remember.", said Jisung, "since this is not just your friend's dorm, I would appreciate you not barging in every few seconds. I like my privacy. Thank you."

The door slam shut on Felix's face.