Chapter 33- Justice Defied

"Look Seungmin, you and I both know we have no choice

"Look Seungmin, you and I both know we have no choice.", officer Chan brought himself to say. The clock made a weird sound every time it hit 2. His ears were sick of it.

Across a table in front of him sat another man. He was slimmer and there was no trace of a smile on him. His eyes had bags under them and his hands shifted from the table to his lap constantly.

"I know.. I know.. but-
I never thought we'd have to go this far. Accusing people wrongly of this and that-

Jailing people for a bit of money.. just cuz we ran out of dough ourselves.. I thought being an undercover student would be it!

And even then I couldn't do it well.. I fell in love with one of them.. and as per the contract Mr and Mrs Han made us sign, we can't even fucking meet them on our own will again!"

Chan had wrinkles on his forehead from displeasure. It all seemed too tight.

" I understand..", Chan had to speak, "But Seungmin, we were only brothers before, now we're police officers. You must have known that with great power comes great responsibility. "

" You're missing the point! Y-you think this is our responsibility? Bringing these innocent people out of their lives and throwing them to jail is our responsibility?! I never thought it'd come down to this."

Seungmin was so distressed he thought about tipping the glass of water on the table on its head. Chan removed it from his brother's sight.

They both knew they were in the wrong.

For a second there was a glimpse of a feeling in Chan's eye and his brow furrowed tighter as he repressed it.

"You've ALWAYS been the one to just follow the rulebook and-and-",Seungmin shook as he spoke," I've ALWAYS hated that about you! Even now when you're basically being a criminal you're following those old hags word by word! You can NEVER stand up for yourself! "

" That's enough! ", Chan laid a strong fist on the table. Seungmin sank in his chair, he knew he'd crossed his limits again.

" Listen here fucker, who do you think I do this for?! I do this for US! Don't you remember last summer when Mom passed away?! Fuck yes it was fucking PATHETIC. Why could we not take her to a nursing home?! Why couldn't we get her meds? Huh? Ask yourself that fucking question.

We had no fucking money! You think if O hadn't followed these rules I would've been able to land us both a fucking job here?! Yes, Seungmin, I DID THAT! I convinced all the insiders I knew! Just so we wouldn't have to suffer anymore...

And right now, right here, with the money we COULD get from this stupid fucking task.. if we had it last summer OUR MOTHER WOULD'VE BEEN ALIVE! SHE WOULD'VE BEEN MOVING ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD DOING THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MADE HER HAPPY! SHE COULD'VE BEEN SEEING US HERE IN OUR UNIFORMS WITH OUR FIRST FUCKING SALARY! YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE?! "

Seungmin had fear in his eyes.. but there was a burning in his throat.

" And so what, Chan? So you take these little college students and throw their sorry asses in jail? So you interrupt these lives and even make up a story of me being a rapist and get Jisung to believe that?! I only stayed in his school for a month when dad was alive and we were moving here and there! You had dropped out that year!"

" Listen, FUCK, I had to make up something! Do you know what Jisung's fuckass parents told me? They said, "Make him forget what we've done and give a name to this supposed rapist." God fucking knows how messed up that family is! "

There was an accusatory silence. Chan's throat was dry.

He began again, " Listen, can we please move on from this? You know.. the money.. its important-"

" Well I sure know it is. ", Seungmin interrupted," And I've been through the same shit as you. But I'll free these people. I'm done with this criminal ass shit we're doing. I'll NEVER turn into YOU! ", He slammed the door shut in Chan's face.

Chan was speechless. Did he hear that right?

He looked down at his hands, his palms, they seemed so much healthier before. He took in the police room in his vision.

Spick and span. Just how he liked it. But something was wrong. There was a picture on the little rusted showcase. No. Ther were two. One of them had fallen backwards and was out of view.

One showed Chan, his parents, and Seungmin.

He lifted the other one. It was Chan again, and beside him stood, smiling his foxy smile, Jeongin.

It all hit Chan like a kick in his stomach. He truly had been blinded by his new power.

Would his mother have been proud of this? Would she have wanted this?

Everyone had always told Chan he took after his father, and Seungmin, well, after their mother.

He rushed out the door, onto the road, looking around frantically. The street wasn't crowded, no-one came out at this hour and he could see his brother walking towards the bend.

"Seungmin! Seungmin!", Chan screamed out, running towards the boy.
He confessed:
"Seungmin! You're right! I'm- I'm being blinded. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! "

Seungmin walked back calmly and fixed his brother's cap.

"Cheer up, old man.", said Seungmin, "Lets show Jisung's parents who's boss!"

And suddenly , a female voice broke through-

"I'm sorry-", said Miyeon, "did I just hear Jisung?"

🐶 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Hi there! First chapter of 2024 teeheehee.

How did y'all like it? And do y'all like the characters?

I couldn't upload cuz I had exams 😭 I hope you're all still here to read this-

Also I finally got to formally introduce Seungmin. He's my third bias but I felt like adding him in the beginning would make the story too congested.

Once again, thanks for all the reads and votes. I could've never imagined it 😭 i LOVE Y'ALL ❣️

If you've stuck this long take Chan boobie as present 🎁