Chapter 32- Undoing

The minute Jisung got off the train, he tripped on a rock in the middle of the platform and fell on his face

The town seemed... different.

The clothes they both had worn weren't enough to block out the sudden cold and the mist made it difficult to see even a mile in front.

There were creepers growing everywhere. Most of the flowers had been replaced by weeds. The posters on the wall, of idols and singers who had once inspired Jisung so much, now looked like spirits trapped in the bricks. 

Still, their body memory took them off the platform, into the town, and, after much disappointment with what the town had come down to, near Jisung's family home.

Minho broke the silence, "Should we-"

"No.", Jisung glanced away from the house, "Let's go look for newer places. Miyeon told us my parents weren't here anymore."

Minho didn't reply. Jisung walked on.

It was clear, after a couple minutes of walking, that Jisung was least interested in finding "new places". In fact, he looked more tired than ever.

"Jii.. we should really head over and rest for a bit..", Minho lay a hand on his shoulder.

Jisung instinctively jerked Minho's hand away. It shocked the both of them, but Minho tried to keep calm.

"Minho.. I-I didn't mean to-"

"Its okay, really. Let's go rest somewhere, shall we? You're tired. I'll book a hotel if I can find. You wait here. "

Minho began to walk off. The intersection light flickered. Jisung grabbed his hand.

"We're going to my place."

"But Jis-"

Jisung lay a finger on his lips.

" Forget it. Forget it all. "

.........

The house seemed weird. Everything was clean. Everything was freshly lived in.

But this escaped the boys. They had their own little problems gnawing at their hearts.

Minho remembered every inch of the house he'd visited only once in reality, but several million times in his dreams.

Jisung was trying to forget.

They made their way into Jisung's room.

To a stranger it would've looked like just any other room. His parents, or whoever they'd gotten to live there, had removed everything from the room.

This was too much for Jisung. He went down on his knees when he couldn't stifle the sobs anymore.

Minho knew why. His parents had tried to remove all memory of Jisung ever existing there. They had tried to erase him.