Chapter 4

"And what if he died Yuqi?", a familiar shrill voice woke Minho up, "what if I had to lose you to the police?!", followed by muffled sobs that soon turned into loud cries

He recognised that voice, even with what sounded like most of its energy and vibrance had been drained out. This was the first time he'd heard Cho Miyeon's voice since their break up.

"Oh Miyeon.. don't say shit like this.. and don't cry, you know what it does to me", Yuqi's deep voice had remained, but it sounded like a piece of her had gone missing.

Minho was slpwly growingaware of the cold couch he was lying on, and the steel speed fan that attempted to cool his burning skin, and the ice pack on his head adding to the injury.

"Aah, gashhh", he couldn't help but exclaim from the sharp pain at the back of his head. What the fuck had happened?

"There he is. That fucktard. Hey Min Ho, you have the audacity to come back to this shithole?*, Yuqi growled.

" Be gentler Yuqi, he was mislead. Kindness is key. "

" Miyeon babe I love you, but we can see how your kindness spoiled him. Don't you remember what he did to Han? ", the blonde replied.

" H-Han? ", Minho tried to get up, but Miyeon rushed to keep him down. She placed the ice pack on his head once again with the gentlest hand known to mankind.

" You moron", Yuqi spoke," Don't ever speak about him. You can't bully him anymore."

Miyeon sniffled a violent sob into her napkin.

"I-I came h-here to-", Minho managed out.

Yuqi's voice shook as she spoke, "To do what? To push Han into lockers again? To call him "f*g" throughout school with your minions? To tell every boy in school to beware of what a freak he is? To listen to him apologize for whatever he ever did to you, and never acknowledge it? To corner him after school with threats to beat him up? To not let him eat at lunch break? To bruise his eye once again? Huh? Did you come back to do all that? Or should I go on you little scum. "

" Yuqi, stop now! Look! Minho's crying! ", Miyeon spoke up.

" He should. Don't you remember how much Han cried when his dad got to know he was gay and almost beat the poor boy to death? Minho's friends made sure to tell him right before his first music festival. Don't you remember his violet eye the day he spoke up against Minho? Or do you want him to smile at the thought of this?! "

" Yu-yuqi.. ", Minho managed through his tears, which fell without control now at the sudden onslaught of memory," I'm so s-sorry. I came h-here to see H-Han again, to s-set things right... "

" Well you can't.", the blonde declared," because Han is no more."