TWENTY TWO

I was told I should have a positive attitude. Well, I am positive that I have an attitude~ROLEX.

Bloom...

I kept on rubbing my sweaty palms on the red gown I wore.

Tonight was the night when I'm going to be marked.

To be sincere, I was terrified.

What if things go wrong? What if I don't run fast enough? What if the plan backfires? What if my mate rejects me again?

That question halted my train of thoughts.

Why didn't I think of this before?

What was the use of escaping this place only to go back home to someone who despises you more than anything evil.

I began to take deep breaths as my chest constricted.

Deep breaths, bloom.

You're doing great.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Ari's plans doesn't involve me dying due to suffocation.

I was so tense.

All I was asked to do was to sit here and do nothing.

This was the awesome plan Coral had whispered to me.

Why did I ever accept to this plan two days ago???

'because you miss mate and want to go home'

For a while I forgot I had a wolf inside of me.

'I miss you too' said Mel and I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

Though she was right I blamed it all on the mate bond.

Goddess help my soul.

"Bloom" a voice said making me snap my head towards the entrance of the tent.

Coral waved her hand signalling for me to come forward.

This is it.

I'm going home.

I followed her outside and then she led me away from the silent clearing and deeper into the forest.

"Okay you keep on running North until you see your mate. Don't stop no matter what you hear"

Panic and dread immediately set in.

"What about you?"

She smiled sadly at me.

"This is where I end. Go on now dear the nytol, sominex and unisom would soon start wearing off" said Coral before pulling me into a hug.

I wanted to cry on her shoulders but she caught up on what I was about to do and then pushed me forward.

"Go on now"

I began to run but when I turned around to catch a glimpse of her, she was gone.

            ††††††††††

Coral's POV

I watched her run and then began to head back to camp.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew Harmony was happy.

I went into my tent and then grabbed a few herbs before leaving.

I knew where I was going.

The clouds darkened and I sent a silent prayer to the goddess to protect bloom.

I wish I got to know her better but someone was waiting for me.

Harmony.

I got to a small clearing that was surrounded by blueberry bushes and then I began to dig.

Harmony body laid underneath the earth.

I began to rub the spices on her.

Lightning struck first followed by the distant rumbling of thunder reminding me that I had to hurry up.

Once I was done with Harmony, I rubbed the spices on me and then began to chew on a herb.

I laid beside Harmony underneath the ground and felt a drop of water fall on my face.

My eyes began to close.

The effects were finally kicking in.

I had nothing to live for.

No mate, no love and no friends so I might as well join the moon goddess.

I might even end up meeting my mate.

Who knows???

And I hope Bloom and Xerox get back together and if that dream I saw of them having twins was true then those necklaces made by Harmony was theirs.

And with that I fell into a calm and peaceful bliss.

Our bodies would again be covered by earth due to the heavy rain that would soon begin.

You won't believe the first person who welcomed me.

It was Harmony laughing.

            ††††††††††

Xerox's POV

Who was this rogue lady? Why was she willing to help me and not accept the gift price? What if she was lying? What if this was just a sick game? Most of all, why did I trust her?

I sat on an oak tree along with my pack guards their scent hidden, waiting for my mate to show up.

It was like I was waiting for her to come home from work.

Nobody knew about this.

Except Xander and I trust he hasn't told his mate cause I asked him not to.

My heart beat increased and I was sweating.

Why?

I didn't know but what I do know is that once I get my mate back physically, I was going to win her back emotionally.

A loud howl cut through my train of thoughts.

I could identify that howl anywhere.

It was the howl of a wolf who had just been betrayed.

It isn't just any wolf.

It was the howl of a rogue.