FOURTEEN

I'm a humble person, really. I'm actually much greater than I think I am~ROLEX

Bloom...

I stared at Alpha Xerox as he walked into my room.

Mel was chanting mate over and over again.

I stood rooted in place as he walked closer to me. Taking a step back to create a distance between us, he reached out to me and grabbed my wrist.

My heart beat quickened as his hands wrapped around my waist. Sparks flew around and I could hear my heart beat slow down.

Before I could ask why he was here, his lips were on mine and the sparks increased so did my heart beat.

Mel was going crazy while I just stood there like a pile of nothing. I didn't know how to kiss and Ari lied when she said it will come with time.

Before I could react, he had pulled away. I stared at his retreating figure and though he had left, his scent was still here.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I couldn't help but let the tears out.

My mate was never going to accept me and then I'll watch someone else take the position as the Luna of the pack.

Mel whimpered.

With tears still running down my cheeks, I fell asleep with my mate's scent wrapped around me.

           ††††††††††

Xerox's POV

I wasn't interested in the bickering that was going on between my sister and Alex's mate. I couldn't eat with my mate's scent covering my five senses and Xavier was entirely another problem.

He wanted to mark her in every possible way while I just wanted her for pups but Xavier couldn't get that into his wolf head and overall I'm afraid.

I, Xerox Joseph Black, is afraid to shift because my block headed wolf doesn't understand what NO means but that's not the problem. The problem here is if I shift with the rogue around then Xavier would mark her and there's nothing I can do.

If she's marked by Xavier then everything is ruined and I won't let all those years work be in vain.

So I won't shift around my house but I can shift in the training grounds which is thankfully four miles from my house that way Xavier won't be able to mark the rogue.

I sneaked a glance at her when she was putting a chunk of blueberry pie in her mouth and for a second, I imagined her between my legs with her lips....

Damn it...

Snap out of it, Xerox.

It's just the mate bond talking.

Secretly watching her, I knew a lot of things about her like she loved the blueberry pie and how she looks cute with her eyebrows scrunched up as she tried to figure out how to use the fork.

Well she's lucky we didn't have Chinese noodles for dinner because whenever we do, we always use chopsticks which I still can't figure how to use.

But that didn't matter because I was jealous.

I, Xerox Joseph Black, was jealous of Xander's mate.

Why??

Because she was close to my mate. She made her smile just by saying a word and I didn't like it one bit.

'Well Joseph, aren't you just the lucky one today. First we find our mate and then you get afraid and now you're jealous. Makes me want to mark mate more.'

I ignored him and that's when my mate decided to head upstairs with the redhead rogue and suddenly I felt panic.

What if she mates with my mate and then mark her.

I know for a fact my mate was innocent and gullible and since I didn't trust rogues, I don't trust that redhead.

I've seen human girls getting together and seeing as a rogue was going into a room with my mate, judge me for feeling insecure but I've seen it happen before.

An alpha having a rogue as his mate but he ignored her and when mating season came along, he couldn't mate with his mate because she was already claimed by a FEMALE wolf.

So judge me for feeling insecure.

I can't actually believe this.

I, Xerox....

'Cut the crap already. Mate might be in trouble and maybe is currently being mated to the rogue'

And just like that, I snapped.

Standing up and ignoring my sister who was still shouting profanities at Xander's mate, I headed upstairs and stopped at the bottom of the stairs when Xander's mate came downstairs and began to bicker with my sister.

Resuming my trip, I finally got to her room and I could hear movement inside.

Knocking quietly, I heard footsteps coming closer and soon the door was opened.

I walked in with a smirk plastered on my face as I stared at my mate who shrunk in fear.

Locking the door with my eyes still glued to my mate retreating figure.

I reached out to her and instantly had her in my arms, her scent filled my sweat pores no exaggeration there and little Xerox hardened.

The sparks made the whole situation worse and just looking down at her, I didn't see a rogue.

Instead I saw my mate.

So I kissed her and boy was I wrong, she couldn't kiss me so I know she can't even do the deed.

Her small lips fitted perfectly with my own wonderful ones.

'Cocky much'

Sometimes I prefer having my conscience than having a big wild dog in my head.

'I heard that '

'I don't care' I countered back before ignoring him completely.

And soon my father's words echoed in my mind, I pulled away immediately and left but I didn't miss her gaze on me.

Call me stupid for leaving a girl after kissing her but I don't care.

I was going to stay far away from her even if it means ignoring her existence which I'm very good at.

The mating season was around the corner and that's when the urge to mark your mate becomes stronger so I was going to stick with the mating part and that's that.

I'll come to kiss her and probably make out with her whenever I want because that's what she's for.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And I, XEROX JOSEPH BLACK, vow not to mark my mate during the mating season and nothing was going to make me mark her not just as my mate but as the Luna of Wolfsbane pack.

A rogue was never the luna of this pack and a rogue would never be and I'm bent on keeping it that way.

And that's a promise.

A/N: Another chapter, hope you like it.