My First And Last

In the bustling corridors of Tokyo Jujutsu High, Okkotsu Yuuta and Toge Inumaki were known as two of the most talented and mysterious first-year students. Yuuta's aura exuded strength and determination, while Toge's silent demeanor and cursed speech ability intrigued many.

Among the chaos of curses and battles, Toge harbored a secret affection for Yuuta, but he never dared to confess his feelings. He admired Yuuta from afar, content with being by his side as a friend, even if Yuuta seemed to overlook him most of the time.

One fateful day, Yuuta approached Toge with a troubled expression, revealing his growing feelings for Maki Zenin, the only girl in their year. Toge's heart sank, but he wasn't surprised by any means. Offering his friend a ear he listened to all Yuuta had to say. As a good friend he adviced him to ask maki out. It was wierd how indifferent Toge was to the fact that his own heart was getting crashed brutally and he himself had allowed it to happen.

As Yuuta's crush on Maki blossomed, Toge's own feelings remained buried beneath the weight of unrequited love. He watched from the shadows, his silver hair swaying in the breeze, as Yuuta mustered the courage to ask Maki out, and she accepted with a smile.

Standing alone on the rooftop, Toge felt a mixture of sadness and gratitude. He was grateful for the opportunity to befriend Yuuta, even if it meant sacrificing his own chance at love.

When Yuuta later approached him to express his gratitude, Toge's heart ached with bittersweet emotions. He mustered a weak smile and uttered his silent words of thanks, expressing his happiness that Yuuta found someone he liked. But... one last sentence Toge uttered before he let go of everything he ever felt for yuuta,
"I am glad you started liking maki"
Had started a war inside the other.

"Why?" Yuuta asked, puzzled by Toge's apparent indifference to his own feelings.

"Because," Toge replied quietly, "I got to be your friend."

The guilt Yuuta felt was heavier than himself. He had somehow heard the loneliness under the lovely smaller boy's voice. He never spoke for others' sake and most of those others ignored him half the time because he didn't speak. And yuuta was one of them.

That was the first and last time Toge Inumaki got to experience the bittersweetness of love. Never before not after did he ever felt even a glimpse of romantic feelings for anybody else. Because jujutsu sorcerers don't live long. And by no means were they not busy enough to fall in love.

Yuuta had once suspected toge had also liked maki. But that suspicious proved to be wrong. Yuuta spent the rest of his life trying to figure out What it was that he felt like he took away from toge Inumaki. But that remained a mystery.