Chapter 43: 'Say It Back'

OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS DADDY ISSUES CAUSED BY HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, NO MAN IN BONNIE'S LIFE HAS INSPIRED CONFIDENCE OR COMFORT BEFORE DAMON SALVATORE, SHE HAS NEVER FELT MORE SAFE AND SECURE IN BEING LOVED IN A REALLY LONG TIME

As soon as Bonnie regains consciousness, three things are for certain: she is exhausted, her body aches and last night was the best sex of her life.

After her first time, she's had a couple encounters with other guys, but they don't even compare. As far as she's concerned, the older Salvatore is her one and only lover.

Wrapped up in his arms, she struggles to keep the corner of her lips from curling as she snuggles up against him.

"Are you smiling?" Damon's rough, but sexy, morning voice asks.

"No." She sings croakily on his chest.

"Liar."

"Shut up," She mumbles, closing her eyes again, before prying a narrowed one open to catch his expression, "Why are you smiling?"

And smiling he is, but not in the relaxed sleepy way she is, his is fully awake and aware.

" 'Thinking about something from last night." He says in that voice that runs shivers down her back.

"Of course." She drags out, rolling her eyes, assuming that he's referring to their tumble in the sheets.

"No," He shakes his head, amused, narrowing his eyes at her with fake sternness, "Not like that. Get your mind out the gutter."

Not believing him, she lifts a challenging brow.

"Then what?"

He looks at her for a moment before subtly brushing his fingers through her unruly hair that he won't be able to enjoy if she becomes aware of the state of it.

"You talk in your sleep."

Her nose wrinkles as she looks at him funny.

"No, I don't."

"Oh yes, you do," He corrects promptly, expecting her defensiveness, "Not all the time, but you do."

"If I talked in my sleep, what did I say?" She queries with an edge of overconfidence.

"I'm not telling you."

Excuse me?

"Why not?"

"I don't want to." He reasons simply, shrugging his shoulders.

"Ah ah," She protests, "Don't do that, tell me."

"Nope." He refuses again, lifting her up closer so that his bare broad chest is glued to her softer one, distracting her with neck kisses.

"You're not gonna distract me that easily." She mumbles, leaning into the lips on her tender
throat.

"Are you sure?" He murmurs against her skin, "Because..." Tracing the curve from her jaw to her chin with his mouth before whispering, "I think it's working."

"No, it's no-" Her retort is cut short with his kiss reaching her lips. Melting into it, she lets him draw her in closer, "Hmmm," His arms tighten around her as she pulls her lips away, "Damon, stop."

"That's not what you were saying last night." He teases, running two knuckles over throat in assessment, feeling her pulse race at his words.

Hiding her head in his closest shoulder bashfully, she starts lowly, "Last night was..."

"Yeah, it was." He agrees, understanding her unfinished thought completely.

There are more than a couple notches on his bed post, but sleeping with Bonnie is something else. The risky sexual impulses that he's never been able to try with one night stands or multiple night stands were free to run wild last night.