Chapter 33: 'There Goes The Neighbourhood'

IT'S THE NEXT DAY AND BONNIE IS STILL IN SELF-LOATHING DUE TO A LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT, INTELLECT AND RESTRAINT, SHE'S STILL GROANING AT HER PHONE

'I listened to your messages, I forgive you <3'

"Oh god," She sighs at her screen, before moaning into her pillow, "Whyyy."

Not to say that she hasn't fully forgiven Damon, but the text message she sent was truly done in the heat of the moment and now she can't help but feel a little embarrassed of herself, especially since he hasn't replied.

She wonders if he possibly deleted her number or if he just got a new one.

It's been months, anything is possible, she has no idea if he's even still in town.

He's probably long gone, she thinks to herself which results in another groan.

Suddenly her phone goes off and in a bout of excitement, her head flicks up.

Incoming call: Caroline

She sighs in disappointment, but still happily answers it.

"Hey, Care."

"Bonnie!" She jerks back at the shrill voice, "Ah, thank god."

"Care, what's wrong?"

"It's a code B.I.C."

Code B.I.C:
Meaning: Bestie In Crisis
-Only used when it's absolutely necessary.

"Okay..." She drawls out suspiciously.

"I'm serious!"

"That's what you said the last time." She warns thinking about how the blonde made her and Elena drop everything to play as her wing women when she finally decided which of three boys she was actually interested in then her and the brunette had to entertain the leftovers for the rest of the night- they immediately revoked her right to the 'no questions asked policy'.

"It's nothing crazy, I promise. I just-"

"Uh-uh-uh, you know the rules." She reminds.

"Fine," A dramatic huff of annoyance, "I, Caroline Forbes here by swear that I am not misusing the B.I.C code for inappropriate requests."

"Request accepted," She says with a mock militant voice before letting out an unserious snort, "Talk to me."

"So, remember when I told you how Matt's mom caught us making out on the couch?"

A brief chuckle, "Yeah, I remember."

"So, I've been basically trying to get her to like me, but I totally crashed and burned."

Hearing her disheartened voice, she asks, "What happened?"

"She told me to stop trying so hard, because she'll never like me." Her friend's voice lowers, "That I'm fake just like my mom."

She makes a noise of surprise, "Kelly Donovan said that to you?"

"Yep, Matt said it had something to do with some high school drama between our moms," A sigh, "I don't know what to do, Bonnie. I couldn't ask Elena for advice since Kelly loves her, because of course she does-"