Calling Occupants:

Since his unusual episode, Ryu had been taken to the temple's hospital wing. For the past few hours, the young jedi had been sitting upright in bed with his mother, Charal, along with his wife, Xenia. All three were deep in their own thoughts, fears and curiosity when Luke entered the room.

"How is he?", He asked them.

"Still ill.", said Charal as she remembered the past disturbance of years past, "Just like last time..."

"Will he get worse?", inquired Xenia.

"I doubt it, Xen.", said Luke, "He may be subconsciously contacting the outsiders with the Force. The timing of his visions and that ship's arrival can't be a coincidence."

Skywalker was right; it was not out of Ryu's will to do such a thing. Rather, it was a trance that made his disturbed green eyes meet with the confused brown eyes of the elderly Vulcan, Spock of NC-1701-A.

The Enterprise crew were still being overwhelmed with the side-effects of their transportation, Kirk, McCoy, Sulu and The Seventh Doctor would take notice of Spock's uncanny disposition as he stared off in a dream.

"Spock?", asked Kirk, "Is there anything wrong?"

Spock said nothing and the screen showed nothing.

"What's happening ?", asked Rand, "Is he alright?"

"That boy...", Spock thought to himself, "I sense...familiarity with him."

"What boy?", asked Kirk who grew more concerned.

"A young man...", said Spock, "With long, wild, black hair...he's...", he could not explain further. Ultimately stood quiet, staring into space.

"Spock?", asked Kirk but was troubled by the lack of response, "Spock!"

"He's in a trance!", realized Chapel who recognized the Vulcan ailment. And, thanks to Dr. M'Benga in a past incident, she knew the cure: shock.

"Sorry to do this.", she said right before she struck Spock across the face.

"What the-?!", started Chess.

"What was that for?!", gasped Ace.

"It is alright.", said Saavik, "It is part of our Vulcan medicine."

"'Medicine?!'", both Ace's and Chess's eyes exposed their reasonable disbelief.

"That it is.", said Spock as he was slowly regaining composure much to Ace and Chess's utter confusion. Even with Chapel assuring that she'll explain later.

"What happened, Spock?", asked Kirk.

"I may have made contact with one of this planet's civilians. A youth who appears to be human. He said nothing; just stared in terrified awe. It was strange, indeed. Still, there is something about him...a connection."

As Ryu's hair covered his brows and ears, the elder Vulcan was unable to connect the dots.

"This could be stronger,"suggested Smith, "if Spock, Saavik and I can join him in a second attempt. If not that strange boy then another could reach us."

"Such an encounter could backfire.", argued Kirk, "For all we know, it could be a trap."

"I doubt it.", said The Doctor, "We're cautious folk."

"Not that cautious, Smith.", retorted Kirk, "That incident with Mr. Adamant is still fresh in my mind."

"Well...", The Doctor struggled with a comeback, "If worse comes to worse, we'll have your help. And with the ship's systems down, we have no other way besides telepathy.