Arc 2 (8)

With a shaken up soul, he trembling held the corpse in his arms and with a gentle voice called out, "Lia..Lia..my love, won't you open your eyes for me? See, I've come back. I realize I love every side of yours. So, won't you open your eyes and give me the warmest of your hugs? Lia.....Lia.....please....hic...please...Lia..hic" by the end he was shedding the tears he had tried hard to suppress.

"You can't just die like that!! No! I won't allow you to die like that! You can't leave me yet! Didn't you say you love me??!! How could you do this to me??!!" holding the terribly rotten corpse he had shouted in a voice filled with boundless grief, a voice that was facing its most horrible nightmare ever, as the reality, and a voice that felt its heart slowly break piece by piece turning into irreparable crumbs.

They really were an ill fated pair but still a fated pair. Nathan followed suit with Lyre's behaviour, but the reason for his self harm was that he used to see an anxious Lyre scolding him for getting hurt and not being careful. He did it for that illusionary nagging yet caring Lyre. Whenever he would see reality for some small moments, hate for Lyre would fill his heart. Was the love he gave her was so deceitful? How could she leave him like that? Break his beautiful dreams like that? Crush his soul like that? Then his hallucinating mind would soothe his soul.

He had taken the wedding ring out of Lyre's dead body and had died holding it as well. After death his soul aimlessly wandered around until he stepped into Claire's home. She had said that she knew her deepest regret and could help him fulfill it for a short period of time in exchange of something precious. He had given her the ring and in exchange got himself bound to Lyre's soul somehow for half a year. It was all abrupt but Devil's exchanges were just like that......

The soul of Lyre was incomplete so it only remembered the happiest moments. Nathan was fine with that. It was already enough for him. Though his hatred was never washed away, he still loved Lyre enough to treasure that dreamlike half year like gold. The rest was history.

They lived once..........

They loved once...........

They cried once........

The love they had for each other bound them together, together with threads of fate..........

***

"So this is hell......" an astounded pleasant voice said.

"Yeah it is. Seems like we're in for a huge penalty." A deep voice holding a smile replied. It continued as the owner stretched out a hand, asking, "So, my love, may I have the honour to take the sentence together with you?"

"Or what else are you going to do? Just look at yourself. It just happens that I'm a kind hearted soul, so I shall grant you the honour." The gentle voice smugly replied.

"Oh, come on Lia! You don't look that good either. Ain't I still love you so much?" the deep voice innocently asked.

Lyre who got face-slapped, embarrassingly shouted, "Look at you, daring to talk back to me. Once we get our punishment, I'll see with my own eyes who has the last laugh."

Nathan only declared with a smile, "It shall be me since I can take on any pain and punishment as long as I can stay beside you."

Lyre happily said, "Me too!"

Nathan smiled meaningfully. How could he be willing to let Lyre disappear for forever? Even if it was in afterlife, he didn't have any regret in binding their souls together......

A hell wasn't a hell if someone holds one's hand as one goes through it...............