Chapter 22: The Guest

⚠️🚨Smut🚨⚠️
Ash's POV:
The next day as I was wrapping up my last email for the day someone knocked on my office door.

"Come in" I called.

Evelyn poked her head inside.

"Are you busy right now?" She asked. "I was hoping to talk to you before dinner but if you're busy it can wait."

"Come in Angel, I'm just about done." I said, hitting send on the email I'd just finished.

Evelyn entered the room and sat down across from me. I could tell by her body language that she was anxious, she was wringing her hands and chewing on her lip.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She started picking at her fingers and I had to resist the urge to scold her and tell her to stop.

After almost a minute passed I thought she wasn't going to respond but then she finally did.

"I don't think I'm a submissive" she said.

I raised my eyebrows. That's not what I had been expecting.

"Okay, can I ask why?" I said, wanting to know where this was coming from.

"I-I just don't think I can be a submissive. I'm sorry I know you said you want me to be one and if you don't want to be with me anymore that's okay. I just don't think I can do it." She said in a watery voice.

She was clearly upset but I didn't understand why.

"You can't do what baby?" I asked.

Evelyn was quiet for a moment, as if debating whether or not to respond.

"I don't want you to hit me" she whispered, a tear tracing its way down her cheek.

Realization dawned on me. She must have spent some time googling things today. I should have warned her not to do that but I hadn't thought to do so.

I stood up and walked around my desk to her before picking her and taking her over to the couch in my office. I sat down with Evelyn sitting sideways on my lap.

"I'm not going to hit you" I murmured, stroking her hair gently. "Can you tell me what you found online?"

"How do you know I went online?" She asked.

"Because I never mentioned anything about hitting you and because the stuff I told you last night would leave anyone a little curious. Tell me what you found" I replied.

"I-I read about doms and subs, and how doms like to hit their subs and subs enjoy it. How subs like to misbehave just so that their dom will spank them." She said. "I think it's great that there are people that enjoy that, and if that's what they both like then that's great for them. But I don't think I could ever enjoy that. I'm sorry but I don't think I could ever see someone hitting me as anything other than abusive."

Evelyn now had tears streaming down her face.

"I know it's not abusive if they both like it. I'm not saying you or anyone else who likes that is abusive" she said through her tears. "I just don't want that. I'm sorry, if you want to find someone else to be with I understand completely."

"Hey, pause for a second Angel" I said. "I'm not going to find someone else, I'm not upset at all alright? Just breathe for a second, there's no need for tears. I want to talk about this with you but that's hard to do when you're this upset. Take a breath."

She obeyed and I stroked my hand up down her back for a few minutes.

"I should have advised you about going online to find information about this stuff. That's my fault." I started "You're right that there are a lot of doms and subs that are into things like spanking or flogging. But that doesn't mean that I am or that we have to do that. I assume when you googled things you ran across the term BDSM?" I asked.