Chapter 5: The Movie

Evelyn's POV:
Asher stood up and left the room.

I looked down at the black credit card sitting in my hand. I couldn't believe he just gave me this. I set it down on the desk.

I walked into the bathroom and changed into sweats and a t-shirt. I took out my contacts, brushed my teeth, washed my face and then returned to my bedroom.

I sat down on the bed thinking about the days events.

My phone lit up beside me and I picked it up to find a message from Sadie.

Sadie bear❤️:
So is he a serial killer?

Evelyn:
Yes Sadie, he actually told me on the limo ride here that he's a serial killer and he's planning to carve me up later tonight.

Sadie bear❤️:
Hmm well I guess I better talk to you while I can then. Is the house nice?

Evelyn:
Yes it's amazing. Let me FaceTime you so I can show you my room.

Sadie picked up on the first ring and her smiling face popped onto my phone screen.

"Well come on let me see your room" she said.

I flipped my camera direction and gave her a quick tour of my room.

"Eh it's nice I guess" Sadie said "not very fancy"

I rolled my eyes "You're the one who likes fancy. I love this room. Do you need to see the amazing bookshelf again?" I asked. One thing Sadie and I had in common was our love of reading.

"Okay I'll admit that part is pretty amazing" she said. "What about the rest of house? Can you give me a tour?"

"Maybe if you come visit but I'm not going to take my phone around the house at 10:00 in the evening showing you the house" I said

"Oh come on pleeeaaassseee?" She begged.

"No Sadie, thats not gonna happen"

She continued to give me puppy dog eyes.

"I'll send some pictures tomorrow, how about that?"

"I guess that's better than waiting to visit" she conceded.

"So, is your super hot new husband nice?" Sadie asked.

"Sadie don't say that. You're 14." I scolded

"Whatever it's the truth. Now answer the question. Is he nice? If not I'll come over and kick his ass for you"

I giggled at the idea of Sadie trying to kick Asher's ass. He was at least 6'2" and he could probably throw Sadie with no effort at all.

"He's okay I guess. He seems a little short tempered but he did give me a credit card with no limit on it so I probably shouldn't complain"

"He gave you what!?" Sadie screamed.

"Mhm he told me to buy whatever I wanted. The only parameters were to tell him if the purchase was more than $100,000 and ask him if I want something more than $250,000." I told her

"You've got to be kidding me. You married someone who's hot and rich?"

"Sadie stop calling him hot" I said again.

"Fine whatever. I guess you're already possessive of your new husband" she teased.

"Don't be ridiculous it's just inappropriate for a 14 year old to talk like that. What would dad say?"

"I don't really give a shit what dad says he's not even listening right now" she replied.

"Language Sadie" I scolded. "If dad heard you talking like that you know what would happen"