Chapter 3: The Arrival

Evelyn's POV:
I waved goodbye to Sadie one last time through the open window of the limousine. I was going to miss her.

I heard a harsh voice behind me snap, "Roll up that damn window, it's the middle of February."

I quickly rolled up the window. It was his limousine after all.

I turned and saw one of Asher's friends elbow him and whisper something in his ear.

Asher rolled his eyes and turned toward the opposite window.

I guess I wasn't going to have a conversation with my new husband.

Asher's other friend, I think his same was Zach, turned to me and smiled.

"Sorry about him" he mouthed at me.

I smiled slightly at him.

The rest of limo ride was silent. After about 20 minutes we pulled up to a gate where the limo stopped. I hear the driver say something into the intercom and the gate swung open.

The limo started driving up the long winding driveway. It took about 5 minutes before I caught a glimpse of the house. Though, house wouldn't be the best word to describe the huge building looming before me, mansion or castle would have been accurate.

The house:

I was still gaping at the mansion when a voice snapped me out of my thoughts

"Are you going to get out of the car or just sit there staring?"

I flinched and turned to apologize but when I looked at Asher he was back to avoiding my gaze.

I opened the door and stepped out of the limo onto the perfectly paved driveway.

"Josh will show you to your room, I'll come by later to speak with you" Asher said, and then started to walk away. Zach shot me a quick smile and followed Asher into the house.

"Well," Josh said, sighing, "I guess I'm showing you to your room then, follow me"

I follow behind Josh, feeling like a burden already.

We walked through the door and all the thoughts in my head disappeared. This place is amazing. There's a huge grand staircase right in the center of the room and above us is a chandelier that looks like it worth more than my families whole house.

I know I'm staring like an idiot but this place is just so beautiful. I hear a throat clear behind me. "I can show you around the house after I show you your room if you'd like" Josh said.

"Really? You don't have to do that I'm sure you're busy"

"I don't mind at all" he said. "Follow me to your room and once you make sure everything looks okay in there I'll give you a tour"