Chapter 1: The Dressing Room

Evelyn's POV.
"You don't have to go through with this"

I sighed and looked at my younger sister. "Yes, I do. I don't have another choice."

"Yes you do, tell dad no!"

"You know I can't do that Sadie" I know she means well but this is really only making this day even harder for me.

"Why can't you do that? He can't force you to marry someone you've never met! It's not right." She said

I looked at my sister, in her pastel pink bridesmaid dress and pretty flower crown. "Saying no isn't an option. We do what's best for the family. No matter what. Besides," I said "Maybe this is a good thing. I need to leave home at some point. " I think I was trying to convince myself more than Sadie.

"How could this be a good thing?" Sadie asked "What if he's a serial killer or something"

"He's not going to be a serial killer Sadie" at least...I hope he isn't a serial killer.

"You don't know that!" Sadie exclaimed " I read somewhere that a lot of times people you who act totally normal at first are actually psychos. Do you know if he tortured animals when he was a kid?"

" What kind of question is that?" I asked.

"Well, they've done research, and it turns out a ton serial killers liked to torture animals when they were children." Sadie explained "You know, I read that the average person will walk by at least two murderers in their lifetime. And with the kind of business dad and his colleges are in I bet the chances your new husband is a murderer are at least three times higher than if you married some random person off the street"

"Not helping Sadie!" I said.

"What? It's the truth" she said " you really don't have to do this we can convince dad not to go through with it"

I sighed again "You know that will not work Sadie-bear. It'll be okay, I'll call you every day okay?"

"What if he kills you? Then how will you call me?" She asked

"Sadie! Stop saying he's going to murder me you're freaking me out" I said

"Good!" She exclaimed "Please don't do this Evey, it's not safe."

"Yes it is" I replied "Dad wouldn't knowingly sell me to a dangerous man"

Would he?

"Evey, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but dad only cares about the business. If he has to step on his whole family to get to the top he will" Sadie said.

Was she right? Did dad really care more about his business than me?

"Either way Sadie, you know I don't have a choice in this. If I say no dad will either force me down the aisle anyway or punish me for the rest of my life."

I saw tears gather in Sadie's eyes, " I just don't want you to get hurt" she said " I need you"

I smiled at my sister, "I know Sadie-bear, I'll be careful, I promise"

I walked toward Sadie and wrapped her up in a big hug. I was really going to miss her.

My mother liked her head into the room. "Sadie get out of here you're supposed to be lined up ready to walk down the aisle" she said

Sadie gave me one last long look and left the dressing room.

"You look beautiful darling" my mother said " are you ready?"

"Could I get one more minute alone?"

My mother eyed the window like she expected me to jump through it and escape.

"Just one minute mom I promise"

"Alright I suppose but make it quick. You don't want to make a bad first impression."

My mother left and shut the door.

I turned to look at myself in the mirror. My dress was long and flowy with a deep v-shaped neckline and a few beads on the skirt

My mother had wanted me to pick a strapless gown with lots of sparkles and sequins. When I showed her the simple white dress I wanted she was horrified. In the end, she let me pick a gown similar to the one I showed her but she insisted I "show off my few assets, no matter how mediocre they were" meaning she wanted my cleavage to show. So we settled on this simple v-necked gown with just a little bit of decoration on the skirt.

My red hair was hanging in loose curls down my back. And my mother did my eye makeup in a way she insisted would "bring out the blue in my eyes" in reality I don't have blue eyes I have green eyes but for some reason my mother likes to say they are blue. She thinks green eyes and red hair is "too cliche".

Overall I thought I looked nice. But this isn't how I pictured my wedding day at all. I always thought my wedding would be the one thing I would get to control. I thought I would get to pick the dress, the flowers, the venue, and most importantly, the groom. But I didn't get to pick any of those things.

I should have known I wouldn't have control over my own wedding. I didn't get control over anything. I'm sure that won't change. It'll just be my husband making decisions for me instead of my father.

Oh well, there's nothing can do about it. This is what I was born into.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and then turned towards the door.

Time to go meet my new husband.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Hi everyone!
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.
The next chapter will be the wedding scene!!
Here's a picture of Evelyn's dress...

 The next chapter will be the wedding scene!! Here's a picture of Evelyn's dress

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

What did you think of this chapter? Any suggestions or comments?

Her Arranged Husband (mmmf)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें