Epilogue

(A/N: I was saving this for last to be honest, because hey.. why not an epilogue at the end of such an amazing fanfic as this? You all deserved it — after dropping stars, favorites, follows, comments, kudos, and bookmarks on this like I never imagined at all. I'll admit at over 800 comments and counting here on Wattpad where this story got started, most of these from a single user as insane as that sounds, this has become honestly my most commented story at a far higher count than any story I wrote prior to this has gotten. So yeah, for all of you that did any of the things mentioned above on Fanfiction, Wattpad, and A03, this shout-out is for all of you. You all are the greatest honestly. But still, enjoy the epilogue and if this story has been a blast for you, then I hope to see you all in Book Two!)

So.. brave reader.. you braved through the waters of the tale of how the current Monster King came to be. What if I were to tell however, that the story of Colton Reynolds is far from over? For indeed, this is the case. The story of the young king is not even close to being over as of now.

You might have guessed as much due to the fact that he knew that another war was coming, one that started with that faithful brawl right by Camp Half Blood that day. You're probably wondering then how exactly that war even played out. Well, lucky you then because the story hasn't finished being written out yet. Even as we speak, our historians are still archiving the events of that war since many things happened during that war, from the awesome to the horrifying to the absolutely weird.

It is.. rather unfortunate that our young lieges would go through as much as they have to go through in this war, which regrettably Zeus' idiotic decisions and inactivity — helped along by Gaea's machinations, once again pushed the young king and queen along with their friends into a very desperate situation. But believe me, my friends, not even the desperation of the final battle in Manhattan could even match how desperate things got in this war.. for I can assure you that for a time, things were most definitely worse for the young couple and their friends than they had been during the last war, even with the assistance of new found allies.

But if there was truly one thing in this war that proved to be all the difference needed for the Olympian cause to come out on top, it was that the original Monster King, Lord Typhon, has chosen the one who would take up the crown of the Monster King and his Queen in this day and age had chosen remarkably well on who it would be. Colton Reynolds had proven himself to be many things prior to becoming the new ruler, but it would be in this war that he would demonstrate in such surprising ways, even more so than in the last war, that no matter how far or how much you tried to tear him apart from his Queen, it was highly likely that he would come back even stronger and more powerful than ever than he was before. Of all the things the young master is, a quitter wasn't one of them. He was a determinator, and despite what came his way, he didn't back down, not a single inch.

He swore on the River Styx that he would protect his family at whatever it took and whatever the cost, and with the help of us and some newfound allies but mostly because of himself, he proved that he was truly a man that could truly defy all odds and achieve the impossible.

I am Cháris, one of the Monster King's heralds, and for now, dear reader, I bid you adieu.