Kayla's POV - Normalcy Is Overrated

Alternative Chapter Title: Beginning Of The Second Giant War Arc, Part Six

(A/N: The Final Kayla POV Chapter is here! This is just the aftermath of the fight in the previous chapter as well as the finale for the last arc of this book.)

I know what you're thinking. Irony is funny sometimes. I mean, the fact that I was the one that passed out rather than Colton has to be a bit funny, considering that he passed out due to things involving me more than the amount of times I passed out in my entire lifetime, which I will tell you has only been two times. This, in the aftermath of the fight we just had with the Giants, was my second time. By the time we hooked up, he passed out because of me — by his own admission — four times, and also nearly died once because Percy blew up in Hephaestus' forge. As much as Hera was a dick in dropping them off at Calypso's Island and then along with the Gods not telling us that they survived, I'm still thankful that she chose to save both of them. I really am.

Either way, after all that we have been through — and what is yet to come.. god, all that is yet to come.. I think it's safe to say that being a demigod is probably not what me and Colton have both been through collectively. I throughly understand now that most often, your time as a demigod — and a Greek one at that is probably spent training and spending time at camp, with school years and visits to families mixed in there if you, unlike Colton, at least have family still alive out there.. the reason I say this being that Colton's extended family considered his dad the black sheep of the family for reasons he still refuses to tell me — he's really bitter over it though. Anyways, your time at camp is most likely boring by the standards of legendary heroes of the past and the recent past too.

Yeah, it's really depressing if you think about it. All that time spent at camp and nothing interesting happens basically. One person might get a quest, or several might get quests during your time at camp, and that's it. All because the Gods are that flawed as human beings — even if they're also immortal, godly ones too. Yes, I am roasting my own father basically here — since he partook in this in the past too, let's be clear here.

And with all of that said, it's no wonder Luke felt the way he did, so bitter that Kronos easily corrupted him and why, by my boyfriend's own admissions, Colton was close to going down that path too.. at least until I came along. It's depressingly no wonder. The life of a demigod at Camp Half Blood before people like Colton, me, and Percy came along was the kind that made you wonder if your godly parent even cared about you at all. It's no wonder why some of the demigods at camp — including Theo.. I still find it hard to accept that me and Colton had to kill him at all, since you know.. he was family after all — chose to join Luke's cause. It's no wonder why both Colton and Percy, despite being rivals, both teamed up to make the gods swear that oath on Olympus after the Battle of Manhattan was over.

Side note.. I swear, Colton is about as smart as Annabeth sometimes. I really am saying that. Despite being an Ares kid — before as you know both of us got blessed by multiple gods, goddesses, Titans, and a primordial at that — he has so much intelligence that is so unlike Ares kids mostly.

Anyway, yeah.. when it came to life at camp, I along with Colton and Percy had been the exception rather than the rule in retrospect. No one in their dreams would have ever expected that the three of us would have some of the most insane stories to be witnessed as those stories of our lives played out in front of camp and our families for that matter. I, for one, certainly didn't expect when I came here that I was destined to fall in love with the boy that despite going through things even worse than both Percy and Luke could have ever gone through before reaching camp — losing both of your parents to a monster — is somehow even more self-sacrificing than Percy is, yet fights like an absolute madman so much that he outright matches both his father Ares and even Zeus himself in terms of utter ferocity. All that from the rage he feels due to losing his parents. It's amazing and unbelievable really.