XXXIII. We Get Trapped In Manhattan With Kronos' Army

Alternative Chapter Title: Saving Private Yew, Part Two

(A/N: The more things change, the more they stay the same. In addition to the continuation of references from TMNT 2003 Season 5 Episode 1 "Lap Of The Gods", this is also partially inspired by a small bit of New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U/Deluxe. This chapter contains some stuff that will tie in with another explanatory chapter on "Monster King Explained" that I plan to publish once this arc of the story is over.

As always, shout-outs to TheTimeTraveler24, -JASONSGRACE , Imaginebooks , Morro11 , and TsarinaTorment for being both inspirations and because I use some of their characters. Now, on to the chapter!)

Previously on "Heart Pierced":

"All who would stand in their way.. WILL PERISH!"

The flaming, massive sword wielding Cyclopes approached the bridge on the earthen walkway that had risen out of the water, and as if this was an animated episode, it growled as it approached before breathing fire and the entire screen in front of you getting covered in flames before turning black.

Kronos was absolutely shook. Even as Luke, he couldn't shake off the fact that he knew full well, even in power, how minuscule he was to the twelve foot flaming cyclops that came towards the bridge in slow motion for now while he thought about things.

And before you say anything, if he knew full well how minuscule he was to the Cyclops coming at them, he knew full well what exactly that monster was.. because it was no ordinary or special Cyclopes.

This was Αζαμόθ, Ancient Greek for the name "Azamoth", one of the twelve wardens created to serve the six elemental heralds.. the main enforcers of the Monster King. In case you were wondering who these enforcers were, they were the six figures in Greek elemental armor that had been trekking up to Manhattan the night before. Azamoth was one of two wardens created by Typhon, the original and first Monster King - though his mother Gaea had not originally intended her youngest son with Tartarus to have the power this title held, to serve Χάρις, or Cháris, the fire herald. Since both Heralds and Wardens had been created by Typhon himself, while almost as nearly as powerful as the Giants, they could easily make short work of a Titan if they so wished to on the orders of their King, for Typhon had created them for one thing - to be loyal to who held the power of the Monster King, no matter who it was.

No, Kronos thought in his head, stricken for once by fear. This is impossible! Koios would have told me something about this beforehand! There hasn't been a Monster King in the world for the past 64 years! The Monster King's army wouldn't be awakening now unless..

Fear morphed into realization, and then anger, and then rage, even though Kronos himself despite all his abilities was merely powerless to do anything against a Warden. It all made sense now to him, why Typhon awoke a month earlier than he was supposed to.. had gone on the weird ass course that ended right back where he started, his slower than normal pace towards Olympus, and why even now.. he had taken a detour north through southern to central Illinois, before turning east once more. THAT TREASONOUS WALKING ASSHOLE, he shouted angrily in his head. He crowned a new Monster King among the children of Olympus and is buying time for his king to arise!

By this time, despite the slow motion, Azamoth stepped onto the Williamsburg Bridge, having already caused most of the combatants on both sides to flee. Percy had already called for Blackjack, and he flew off with Annabeth just as Azamoth reached the bridge. Many of the Apollo kids as well as Austin and Kelli had grabbed the MG42, ammo boxes, barrels, and scattered down the Manhattan side of the bridge back towards the city, all of them scared out of their minds and except for Kelli, who knew as well as Kronos and many of the monsters who scattered on the Titan Army's side of the bridge, not knowing what the hell the monster who had entered the battle was, or what was even going on. Most of the demigods on the other side of the fight had fled in terror too, leaving only Kronos, Percy, Michael, Ethan, Alabaster, Theo from Apollo and Alexander from Hermes - both Titan Army demigods, Kayla, and Colton on the bridge as Azamoth stepped onto it, the flaming Cyclopes melting support beams and other metal parts of the section of the bridge they all were at like they were simply paper. The bridge rumbled and shook, and they could hear cracking sounds and splashes coming from underneath them.