XXXII. Something Wicked This Way Comes

Alternative Chapter Title: Saving Private Yew, Part One

(A/N: Pardon the "Saving Private Ryan" reference in the alternative chapter title, but yeah. Here we are, the Williamsburg Bridge scene. For those of you expecting to see Michael's death in this two-parter, let's just say our mysterious Allies in the last chapter have other ideas, much to the shock of just about everyone involved in this. It's all normal Last Olympian until you know.. things beyond logic start happening everywhere.

Confused?

Just read the chapter!

As always, shoutouts to -JASONSGRACE  and Imaginebooks  since I am using their OCs in this chapter, as well as Morro11  and TsarinaTorment and TheTimeTraveler24 since I'm using some of their writing for this as well.

Also, this chapter does contain references drawn from TMNT 2003 Episodes 4 "More Worlds Than One" and 1 "Lap Of The Gods".)

- — - — - — - — -

Although no one noticed as everyone else other than Colton felt a sense of dread and horror creep over them at the revelation that the final battle was here, the flicker from brown to blood red and then back to brown in his eyes was an indication that the chain of events that would result in the Monster King returning once more to the mythological world - shaking up the lives of all the pantheons in the process - was finally underway now. All of this, of course, was unknown to Colton and the other demigods as they walked out of the Empire State Building at that particular moment, though others unknown to the demigods could read it in the skies at that moment.

Percy explained to Argus what had happened on Olympus and how the Gods wouldn't help them, and convinced Argus that he needed to return back to camp and guard it as best as he could. Argus nodded, before turning to Belle and Annabeth and drawing a circle in the air with his finger. Belle sighed while Annabeth nodded in response.

"Yes, I think it's time.." Annabeth stated, and Percy predictably was confused.

"For what?" he asked.

Argus looked around in the back of the van he had driven for a moment, and then brought out a bronze shield that looked like one of those they used for Capture The Flag, and passed it to Annabeth. When Annabeth set the shield on the ground, the reflection on the polished metal rippled and changed from the buildings of Manhattan to the Statue Of Liberty, which was no where close to them.

"Whoa.." Percy said, amazed. "A video shield, nice."

"One of Daedalus' ideas" Annabeth replied. "Belle and I had Beckendorf make this before-.." She trailed off and paused, glancing at Silena in guilt for a second before continuing. "Um, anyway, the shield bends sunlight or moonlight from anywhere in the world to create a reflection. You can literally see any target under the sun or moon, as long as natural light is touching it. Look."

All of the demigods, sans Colton and Kayla who simply looked up at the ominous storm slowly closing in from the distance - this storm was not Typhon, but they could tell it signaled something equally eventful, what it was they could not tell.. crowded around Annabeth as she concentrated. The image spun before it zoomed to the Central Park Zoo, then past Bloomingdale's on East Sixtieth, then onto Third Avenue.

Annabeth then waved her hand in front of the shield. Another scene of FDR Drive looking across the river at Lighthouse Park appeared in the reflection. "This will let us see what's going on across the city.." Annabeth said to Argus. "Thank you, Argus. Hopefully, we'll see you back at camp.. someday."