"Go, Jake, before it gets too late." She whispered. "I'll be back, I promise." I said and hugged her tightly to me. I then grabbed the keys from the bowl that was beside the door. I then shut the door carefully behind me and jogged towards the car. I then started it and drove to my dads house.

I parked in the driveway and jogged to the house. I knocked on the door and waited for a while. I saw my dad open the door and smiled. "Can I come in? It's kinda chilly out." I smiled. "Son, you don't have to ask. Now get in here." He laughed and rolled his chair back. I rolled my eyes and did as was told. I shut the door behind me quickly and walked after him.

"How's it going, Jake? Where's Sammy?" he asked me. "It's been going good. Uh, she's at the house. I'm trying to get her a present and I was sorta wondering if you can help me?" I asked rubbing the back of my head nervously.

"Sure thing son. What is it that your wanting to get her?" he asked me and I smiled sheepishly and sat down on the couch.

"I want to ask her to marry me this Christmas. Even though I am only seventeen I know that she is all that I want. Just for the fact that I love her and we're imprinted together." I said clasping my hands together and leaned forward onto my knees. "Wow Jake. Are you sure you want to ask her to marry you? I think you guys are going forward pretty fast." He asked me.

"She doesn't know anything about this. Matter of fact she thinks I'm just checking up on you. And I'm sure about this. I love her dad. I love her more then I love myself." I said, running my hand through my hair. My dad studied me and I was afraid that he was going to say 'no.'

After about two heart beats he said, "Okay. What do you need to get her the ring?"

"I was sorta kinda wondering if I could give her mom's ring?" I said not looking at him. He was quiet for a while and I snuck a peek at him. He was staring shocked at me and I thought I could see his eyes turn glassy.

"Dad?" I asked. "Jake, I'm so happy you said that! Give her your mother's ring. I'm so proud of you son. Of course you can give her your mother's ring. Here you go." He said pulling out a chain with a ring on it. It was my moms ring.

"You kept that on you this whole time?" I asked incrudeously. "Ever since your mom died. I did. Now it's yours." He unclipped the ring from the chain and held it in his outstretched hand. I got up from the chair and took step towards him. "Thanks, dad. You don't know how much this means to me, I'm just happy that you're okay with this." I said to him and gave him a hug.

"I think we aren't as happy as your mother is right now, Jake." He said to me with a sad smile. "I miss her too." I said.

"Well just keep her safe, Jake. I'm going to go take a nap. I'll see you soon." He said rolling away towards his room. "Dad before I leave, I just want to say this. You are invited to spend Christmas with us. Sam is hosting a party on Christmas Eve and you are going dad. She won't take no for an answer and neither will I. Oh, and if you need anything, you know food, laundry, or anyone to talk to. We are just a phone call away." I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know that, Jacob. I know. But I don't want an old man like me ruining your youth together." He smiled at me sadly. "Dad, don't you ever say that. Sam and I love you too much to not care for you. We'll be here and don't hesitate to ask for us. Love you dad." I said and waved before heading towards the car and stowing the ring in my pocket.

I drove back home after meeting up with my dad. I parked the car in the driveway and headed up the porch towards the house. I opened the door to smell something wonderful wafting out of the kitchen.

"Babe, this smells awesome." I smiled at her as I saw her working in the kitchen. "Really? Thanks." Sam smiled her smile that was always so breath taking.