Chapter 26 - The Innocence of a Child

"Darling, you fell... and broke both of your legs during the show. I-it was my fault for not double-checking the rope. I'm sorry..." Rui sniffled.

I weakly put my hand on his cheek. "Don't cry." I gave him a gentle smile.

"Do you remember anything?" Asked Rui. "Do you know who Honoka is?" 

I giggled when he mentioned my twin sister. "Yes, she's my twin sister. But it's weird... because Honoka is very little and I'm all grown up for some reason. Why is that, Rui?" 

Rui seemed even more concerned. "How old are you? Do you know who your parents are?" He questioned further. 

"I am six years old, and I do know who Mommy and M'daddy are!" I grinned just thinking about my family. "I love Mommy and M'daddy even though they're mean to eachother and fight a lot. When they yell it scares me and Honoka..." I started to tear up. 

"Shh... don't cry." Rui gently stroked my hair. "Just-- go back to sleep and have a happy dream for me, alright?" He seemed very sad even though he was talking to me cheerfully.

"Okay, I will." I giggled. "Find my family, I don't know where they are. I think I'm lost because I don't know how I got here." I requested of him. 

Rui patted me on the head. "Yes, I will find them. Now, be a good girl and go back to sleep." He tucked me into the blanket, kissed me on the forehead and turned off the lights. 

I fell asleep and dreamed of a land made completely out of candy. Rui and my family were there and we all ate chocolate together. 

My mother ended up being okay and got out of the hospital that day. 

The next time I woke up, I saw Kaito's hologram coming out of my phone. "Hello Setsuko, I hope you're feeling alright." He said to me and smiled. 

I gasped in wonderful surprise. "Kaito came to see me?! This is the best day of my life!! How did you know my name?" I asked him, my eyes sparkling. 

Kaito knew I had amnesia. He wanted to come cheer me up, but now he was a little weirded out by the situation. "Virtual Singers always know their number one fan's name! I know you've been listening to me sing for a long time, and I thank you for doing so. I would like to return the favor! So, anything you want and I'll do it."

I instantly knew what I wanted. "Ooh! Sing me your ice cream song! The one about the prince who couldn't eat ice cream." I begged him childishly. 

Kaito sang me the ice cream song, and I did it with him. After that I tried to pat the Kaito hologram on the head, but was very disappointed when my hand went through him. 

"Oh..." I mumbled to myself in realization. "Even if you aren't real, I still love you. I love you, Kaito!! You say you aren't a prince, but you're a prince to me." I blushed at him, awaiting a response. 

Kaito looked like he was about to cry out of joy. "I love you too, Setsuko. I have lots of shows to do, so I have to go now. It was nice singing with you!" He said to me kindly. 

"Okay! Good luck with your shows, Kaito!!" I was beyond thrilled, Kaito himself had said he loved me too! 

It wasn't very long until my memory was back to normal again, but when I did remember all of the bad things that happened in my life I wasn't sad. Instead, I tried to have a good attitude about everything that took place and the situation I was in then. Rui visited me every day, I didn't know why. 

One day, Mary the Mad came to torment me while Rui was there. 

"It's Mary!! SHE'S HERE TO KILL ME!" I screamed in fear, holding onto Rui's arm. 

Rui did his angry face at Mary. "What do you want with Setsuko? Why are you here?" He questioned her firmly. 

Mary rolled her eyes at him and her fluffy tail whipped around. "You're the one who's hurting her. We both know you don't love Setsuko. I'm trying to help her get out of this abusive realtionship!" She answered, a frown on her face as if she was truly worried for me. 

"You-- you're a liar!" Rui and I both said to that evil woman at the same time.