Chapter 25 - A Wonderhoy Show at Last!

Rui stood atop the Wonder Stage, a huge grin on his face as he welcomed everybody to Pheonix Wonderland and invited one and all to immerse themselves in the world we were just about to present to them. 

Honoka and I had both worked very hard to learn Japanese for this show, and we even had to sing with everybody in the end when the fairy girl's family accepted the human boy. 

It was a magical feeling to perform onstage with everybody! To my endless surprise, I saw Hara and her family in the crowd! They had come to visit Japan simply to see our show! Everything was finally perfect. A wonderful happy ending...

To sum up the story for you, my character's name is Fae. That means fairy. She was a princess in love with a human boy. Humans were not accepted among the faires. Nene plays as a fairy girl named Maeko, which means honest or reality. I thought that name fit both Nene and her character well so that's why I chose it. She was a side character, one that often spoke the hurtful truth. Tsukasa's name was Kimble, that means bold leader. He was supposed to be my father and leader of the faires. He especially didn't approve of the human. Emu was Kimble's wife, Farrah. That name meant joy. She was very cheery and bright, at times a bit dumb though. Honoka was Fae's best friend that had abandoned Fae when she found out about her boyfriend. Her name was Vixen, that means female fox. Rui's character, the human boy. His name was Adam, and in case you didn't know, that literally just means man. I liked to give my characters names that made sense for them. In the end, the fairies accepted Adam because they realized humans weren't all that bad. Then fairies and humans were allowed to be together!

My sister finally seemed alive while we were performing. I could tell she was having the time of her life. 

The scene where Adam and Fae danced together in the air was my favorite. I was hung on a rope from the celing, able to twirl around and such. Rui would be lifted up by a platform, but it would look like I was picking him up. 

It seemed that Rui added in a part before the dancing scene at the last minute. He knelt down on one knee and told me these exact words. "Will you, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen with my own two eyes in my entire life, would you like to be my one and only and marry me? I would truly be the luckiest person alive!" 

I will never forget those words, but at that moment I was a bit confused if he really meant them or not. Thinking it was just for the show, I agreed. "Yes, yes I will!!" Of course, all of this was actually said in Japanese for the show. Even if he really meant it, I would have said the exact same thing either way.

Rui had slipped a real engagement ring on my finger, which confused me even more. Then he kissed me on the lips and the dancing scene started. 

For some reason Mommy was crying, I didn't know why. 

Everything was going absolutely great until the rope broke, I fell onto the ground with a loud crash and broke both of my legs. 

When that happened, the whole crowd gasped. My father stood up from his chair and rushed over to me. Mommy started having a panic attack and was shaking. "I don't want him marrying her anymore!!" She exclaimed before fainting. 

Rui was incredibly confused and stressed. I could see tears forming in his pretty eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt you--!" He screamed, his voice cracking. I never really heard Rui raise his voice before. 

Hara was now standing over me with a concerned look on her face. All of her five sisters were worried about me as well. 

Then I heard sirens, and I was carried away in a stretcher. My legs hurt so much and I wouldn't stop crying. Although, it almost felt like I wasn't even there. Rui, Honoka, and Hara were with me the whole time while we rode to the ER. Rui kept trying to tell me something but I was starting to black out. He kept saying sorry in both Japanese and English.

My mother was also taken to the hospital, and Daddy rode in the ambulance car with her. 

When I finally regained consciousness in the hospital, my legs were in casts. I felt disorientated and confused, but peaceful. I couldn't remember a thing, only Rui. "Rui...?" I gently called his name, my voice hoarse from screaming and crying whenever I was first hurt. 

Rui heard me and ran to my room as fast as he could. "Setsuko, you're awake!" He said once he stood on his knees next to my bed and held my hand. He spoke even more tenderly than usual, it was almost like I was a newborn baby and he didn't want to be too loud. 

"Why am I here...? What happened? W-why are my legs in casts?" I asked him, tilting my head. 

Rui's eyes widened. "You don't remember--?!"