CHAPTER 8 - It's All in Your Head

The next day, I told my mother about the slumber party plan I had made with my friends. Surprisingly, she agreed to it. Believe it or not, my sister and I had never been to a slumber party, or any such thing, so this would be very interesting for us. When the time came, Emu and everybody else came to our house to pick us up. My mother had given us a goodbye that lasted about fifteen minutes. She kept having second thoughts, but she eventually let us go. Tsukasa drove us to Emu's house. It looked so big and fancy, I gasped when I stepped inside. The floors were shiny, and the whole place just looked modern in general.

Emu gave us a whole tour, then finally took us to her room. "I made a pillow fort for us!" Her bedroom looked so happy and colorful, it looked like her if she was turned into a bedroom. "We can watch movies on my phone, and stay up all night!!!" Emu squealed excitedly.

I picked up one of the many pillows from the floor and aggressively threw it at the back of Tsukasa's head, cackling.

"Ow!" He screeched. Picking up the same pillow and hitting me on the face with it.

I narrowed my eyes at the supposed future star. "How did that hurt you, It's a pillow. On top of that, future stars don't feel pain." I joked.

Honoka pulled me away from Tsukasa, then stood in front of him like she was a bodyguard. "Stop being mean to Tsukasa, he doesn't deserve that kind of treatment." She whined in protest.

I loudly laughed in her face. "I just threw a pillow at him. It's not like I tried to kill him!"

Honoka grabbed a different pillow, and smacked me with it as hard as she possibly could. She was quite strong, so it did hurt. "Oww!" I screamed, picking up a pillow and hit her back with it.

Nene was silently watching on the side, she seemed to be playing some kind of game on her phone.

Rui did his little laugh, but this time it sounded slightly malicious. He slowly got a pillow for himself, and whacked me with it so hard I nearly fell over.

I fought back, though I could not move him. No matter how hard I tried. "Fall over already." I ordered jokingly.

Emu hopped up on her bed, then as she jumped down hit Rui with a pillow, She managed to make him stumble. "WONDERHOY!!!"

Climbing up on Emu's bed and standing on it, I did a crazy laugh just for the fun of it. "I have the high ground!" I felt like I was five again, Honoka and I would do stuff like this.

Rui laughed and put his hands up. "Oh no! I surrender!"

"I am your new queen, you must obey my every command." I said confidently as I looked down at them.

"Oh yes, queen." Rui bowed his head humbly.

After standing on Emu's bed and making everybody give me hugs and head pats, I got bored. So we did Emu's movie idea. She turned on English subtitles for us. But Tsukasa was talking through the whole thing, and Rui spoiled the plot by figuring it out. Nene wasn't even paying attention, she was on her phone. Honoka and I kept having mini conversations about random things that had nothing to do with the movie. Then finally the movie ended, and Tsukasa had fallen asleep. He had the loudest snore in the entire world.

"Why does he snore so loud?!" I wondered to myself, an annoyed look on my face.

Nene sighed, she looked uncomfortable. "I don't know..."

We sat in silence for a while, the only sound Tsukasa's snoring from hell. I kept thinking about how tomorrow was Monday, and then I'd have to get up and go to school. I hate Sundays, they always give me anxiety. I laugh and smile, but sometimes inside I feel like crying... I think I'm stupid. My life scares me, everything scares me.