Chapter 23 - I Assure You, Everything Will Be Alright

Miku ran over to me. "Setsuko!! We were all so worried about you!" 

Everybody nodded in agreement. 

"We saw you didn't come to school, and so we all became concerned." Tsukasa said. He stood next to Honoka who was holding his hand. 

Emu zoomed over to hug me and screamed. "You haven't been talking to any of us lately! What was going on?" Her eyes were full up with tears, she knew what it was like to push others away because of something that was troubling her. 

"Oh... well, I guess I was depressed and I wanted to die." I said casually. "But I'm definetly doing better now, I'll be completely back to my normal self in time." I could finally smile again, so I gave Emu a little happy face. 

Kaito was acting like he was Len's father, giving him a lecture on why what he did was wrong. 

"I think he understands, Kaito." Meiko said as she looked at Len's pitiful crying face. 

Kaito walked away from Len and sighed. He was very dissapointed in him for locking everybody up and even attempting to kill Rui. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face Len. "You need to apologize to everybody for what you did, Len." 

"Yes." Len sniffled. 

Kaito proceeded to walk away and was gone. He seemed very stressed. 

Rin ran over to Len and hugged him. "I know you're sorry, Len! You don't have to apologize to me." She smiled at him reassuringly. 

Luka was right behind me the whole time and I didn't even know. She had been uncharacteristically restless. "We all love you, Setsuko. We're glad you're alright." She gave me a gentle hug and closed her eyes. After not being able to sleep for so long, she instantly drifted off to her dreamland with her head on my shoulder. "Zzz... So peaceful and happy." 

Sekai started to become colorful again. 

"Look!! The happy colors are back! Wonderhoy!" Miku exclaimed. "Kaito, Sekai is going back to normal!" 

I giggled with joy. "Come on, Kaito!! Look!" I called. 

Meiko laughed. "It seems like Setsuko is going back to normal too." 

Kaito came running back to us, he already had some of the plushies attatched to his limbs. "Oh my! This is amazing!" He said, a look of pure happiness on his face. 

I reverted back to my ten year old self, and I could hear the romantic background music. Kaito was blinking in slow motion, and his blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Yes, his robotic voice that was at times reminiscent of Kermit the Frog was the most beautiful thing my ears had ever heard. "K-Kaito..." 

Nene sighed in exasperation. "She's broken again." 

Miku skipped over to me and did a little dance, blocking my view of Kaito. "Wonderhoy!" She said as she twirled around. 

"You aren't Kaito!" I jerked up, causing Luka to fall off of me. Somehow she didn't wake up!

Kaito picked Luka up to carry her someplace more comfortable to sleep. 

"I wish I was Luka! She gets to sleep all day and Kaito carries her around." I pouted, making a little angry face. 

Rui laughed. "Well, he doesn't carry her all the time. You also can't sleep all day, we need to go back to school." He came close to me and played with my wavy dark brown hair. 

I groaned in annoyance. "Fine, fine. Carry me back to school!!" I demanded, a silly little grin on my face. 

Rui bowed to me and chuckled to himself. "Yes, anything you wish." He picked me up gently. 

Honoka and Nene gave us both weird looks. 

Tsukasa waved to all of the Virtual Singers and the talking plushies. "Well, goodbye everybody! See you soon!" 

After everybody said their goodbyes, Tsukasa took his phone out and played Untitled. Then, we were all back at Kamiyama. 

Emu still had to go back to Miya Girls, so we all urged her to return to her respective school. 

"はい!はい!I'll go back." Emu sadly walked back to her girls only school. 

School was great that day besides the fact I got in a little bit of trouble for not being there for most of the day. 

We all went back to practicing for our shows, and everything was truly wonderhoy!! Mommy and Daddy were going to watch us all perform. Honoka and I were hoping they would like our performance and be proud of us. We wanted them to take pride in being our parents.