Chapter 19 - I Don't Want Your Help

Rui isn't the kind of person to freak out and spill his guts to people like that, so its very obvious that I had been worrying him to death. But I was avoiding him so that I wouldn't hurt him, and because I didn't want his help. I wanted to stay on track with my plan... my plan to--

"I'm sorry I scared you Rui! I'm okay, so please calm down." I begged the purple haired boy while I hugged him tight. 

Rui started comforting me instead, he knew that he was making me worried too. "I was just worried about you, but I'm fine now that I know you're okay." He seemed to believe my lie! Fantastic!!

I was very much not okay. My depression was getting worse, but I just needed to keep lying to everybody and then I would get my way. If I basically isolate myself while still staying in touch so they wont worry, everything will go perfectly. 

Akito sighed. "I'm going to class." So he walked away into the school building, and he was gone.

The rest of us decided we'd get to class too. 

Everything was so boring, I was starting to hate everything. I hated myself, I hated my life, I hated everyone, I hated. It was a disguting feeling, so dirty... so foolish. The only thing I didn't hate was God, I tried as hard as I could to not hate God. 

Honoka had been seeming lonely, I wanted to talk to her... I wanted to make her feel better. But I knew it was my fault she felt that way, so I was worried she might dislike me for it. 

Every day after school I'd always run up to my room and do basically nothing, letting my mind run wild with ridiculous thoughts of self-loathing.

-

Naoya laughed, he laughed!!! "You're funny, parasite." He smiled at me, he still looked very tired but he was happy. 

I went over to his house to try and cheer him up even though I felt horrible myself. For that little moment I wasn't depressed anymore. Instead, I was filled with pride! I felt so accomplished.

"You know, maybe you're not too bad. I think... I think I'll brush my hair today." He stood up from sitting on the edge of his bed with me and got his hairbrush. 

He actually looked a lot nicer when he took care of himself. "You look like Daddy." I said without thinking. That was probably a big mistake, he didn't like our father. 

"I do?" It shocked me when he didn't have an outbrust of rage at the mention of Daddy. "Then I guess your twin sister does too. What's her name again? Mute?" He said.

I giggled to myself. "No, her name Isn't Mute. It's Honoka." I replied. 

"Ah! Right." Naoya was scurrying around his room looking for something while we talked. Then finally, he found it. Cigarettes. 

"So that's your house smells like cigarettes..." I mumbled. 

He took one out and lit it. "What? You've never seen someone smoke before?" He was being sarcastic, and had noticed that I was staring at him like he was an alien. 

"Well, n-no. Daddy smokes but he doesn't do it in the house, or in front of us." My voice was tiny and trembling. I felt a little uncomfortable. 

"Eh, smoking is fine. Everybody says it kills you, but I'm still here." He laughed, then started coughing really ugly how my father did.

Naoya reminded me of Daddy, but he was nothing like him. It was probably just because he had his likeness in his face. 

"Why do you even want to inhale that? It doesn't really smell that nice." I was used to the smell of cigarettes, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. 

Naoya looked at me confused. "I like how it smells. Mom smells like cigarettes." 

"I thought you hated your mother because she was never there. Don't you...?" I tilted my head at him. 

He stopped and thought for a moment. "Yep, I hate her." 

What Naoya was saying didn't make any sense. If he associates the smell of cigarettes with his mother and he hates her, wouldn't he dislike smoking? I didn't think he really hated her.

"Don't you have problems of your own?" Naoya asked me. He wanted to return the favor and raise me up too. 

I stopped playing with my hands and stared at him with my eyes wide open. "No, I'm fine." 

"Alright, lie all you want." Naoya said. 

I got all angry at him. "I'm not lying!!!" I screamed. 

He burst into laughter at my face. "Oh my God!!  Your mad face is so cute it's hilarious! Are you an angy little girl?" He teased.

I got even more furious. "I am not a liar!! DADDY ALWAYS CALLS ME A LIAR, I'M NOT A LIAR!!!!" That was the loudest I had yelled in a long time. I stormed out of his house and quickly stomped back home. 

"Setsuko, come back!" Naoya hollered while I ran out. 

When I got home I decided I'd listen to some music on my phone. But this weird Untitled song had been on my phone a long time, and I accidentally played it. "Wait-- what?!" I screeched whenever a big flash of light blinded my eyes. 

When I could see again, I was in a large and happy amusement park. It was so pretty, all of the rides were all glowing in the darkness of night. For some reason, the whole troupe was there. 

Emu gasped and her eyes popped out of her head. "How did you get here?! This is so wonderhoy!!!" 

"何? !" Tsukasa screamed in shock at the top of his lungs. 

Nene looked nervous, it seemed something was wrong. "This is weird..."

"It is strange indeed. First, Sekai begins to decay and now Setsuko is here." Rui said. 

I was incredibly confused, and I tried not to ask too many questions, but I failed miserably. "Sekai?! What is this place? Why am I here?" I queried in a panic. 

Suddenly Kaito walked up to me. Wait... KAITO WALKED UP TO ME?!! "Miku! There's a new person here!" 

My face was filled with blush. I had a huge crush on Kaito when I was ten. "K-Kaito..." I fainted right then and there. In front of Kaito.

Once I woke up again, I heard Rui telling all of the Virtual Singers that I was his girlfriend, and how he's told them all about me. Everything was blurry. 

There was a little boy, Len Kagamine. He looked right at me, and he somehow knew I was the one who had the feelings that were making Sekai decay. "Why are you so sad...?" He asked me. 

"I'm not sad. I feel wonderhoy." I lied. 

Len would not let me lie to him. "If theres anything that isn't making you smile, then you can tell me and I'll try to cheer you up!" He blushed and grinned at me. 

And that's how I started visiting Wonderland Sekai.