A Day of Joy and Devotion

The day Sanju received her first stipend was one filled with unbridled excitement. She walked into the office with a spring in her step, eager to share her progress with Usha. As she entered Usha's office, her eyes shone with the thrill of her first earnings from her own hard work.

"Ma'am, look at what I've managed to create!" Sanju beamed, showing her digital artwork on the computer. They spent some time reviewing Sanju's work, discussing the nuances of digital art creation and the software she had been learning to use.Sanju, though thrilled with her progress, was hesitant to voice her need for further training. Usha, perceptive and supportive, recognized this need. "Sanju, you're doing wonderfully, but I think a bit more training will make you even more confident in digital art. How about another two months of training at the institute before you return to work here?" she suggested. Sanju's eyes lit up with gratitude. "That would be amazing, Ma'am. Thank you so much!"With her first stipend in hand, Sanju wanted to share her joy. She bought sweets and study materials for the children at the orphanage and a simple, elegant saree for Parimala as a token of appreciation and a cell phone to her tatha. In the midst of her shopping, she learned about a beautiful temple of Lord Lakshmi Narasimha near Bengaluru.

Excited, Sanju called Shruthi and planned a trip to the temple with her and her grandfather on the following weekend. They embarked on their journey by bus, reaching the temple around noon. The lower temple was bustling with devotees, and after paying their respects and enjoying the prasad, they decided to let Ashok Rao rest there, as the climb to the upper temple was beyond his current capabilities. Sanju and Shruthi began their ascent to the temple atop the cliff. Halfway up, they playfully started racing, but Sanju's attention was soon caught by an old lady hesitating at the daunting climb. Ever the helper, Sanju offered her assistance, and together they made their way up to the temple.

After their visit, they descended to find Ashok Rao resting contentedly. The day had been fulfilling for Sanju, filled with the joy of spiritual devotion and the warmth of companionship. As they made their way back from the temple, the bus journey was abuzz with their shared experiences and plans for the future. The atmosphere was light, a reflection of the peace they had found at the temple. Amidst the chatter, Sanju's phone rang, the caller ID displaying Dr. Krishna's name. She answered with a hint of apprehension, aware that calls from the cardiologist often carried significant news.

"Sanju, I have some news about your grandfather," Dr. Krishna's voice was calm yet optimistic. "We've can get your tatha's surgery done in the next 3 months. This is a good window considering his current health." Sanju's heart leaped with a mixture of relief and excitement. "That's great news, Dr. Krishna! Thank you so much. We'll be ready." Ending the call, she turned to Ashok Rao and Shruthi, her face beaming. "Tatha, Dr. Krishna just confirmed that we can get your surgery completed in the next 3 months." Shruthi smiled, sharing in their happiness. "That's wonderful, tatha! This is a big step towards your recovery." However, the news stirred a different emotion in Ashok Rao. His face, which had initially lit up with hope, gradually clouded with worry. The prospect of surgery, while a path to better health, brought with it a tide of concern for Sanju's future. He thought "Sanju is so young and innocent. What if something happens to me during the surgery? How will she manage alone?"

It was late by the time they returned, and Shruthi decided to stay over at the orphanage with Sanju. Tatha told Sanju not to worry about the park tomorrow morning. He will go on his own. That night, the two friends lay in Sanju's room, enveloped in the comfort of their shared memories and stories. Shruthi recounted tales of her college life, while Sanju reminisced about their village. Laughter and chatter filled the room as they journeyed down memory lane, eventually Shruthi drifted off to sleep under the canopy of shared experiences and enduring friendship. Sanju's heart was full but she was unable to sleep. While her stipend was a blessing, the reality was that it fell short of covering the looming medical expenses. Her heart, though filled with the day's joys, now wrestled with the practical challenge of arranging sufficient funds in just three months. Finally she prayed to Prabhu Shri Ram for showing her the way to get over this hurdle and drifted off to sleep.

The morning after their temple visit, Ashok Rao ventured to the park alone, his steps slower than usual. The laughter club session, typically a source of joy and rejuvenation, couldn't dispel the cloud of worry that hung over him. As the session ended and the laughter club members began to disperse, Dr. Narasimha noticed Ashok Rao's unusually somber demeanor. Concerned, he approached him. "Ashok, you seem troubled today. Is everything alright?"The floodgates opened, and Ashok Rao shared his deep-seated fears about his upcoming surgery. "I'm worried about Sanju. If something were to happen to me during the surgery, she would be all alone in this world. I've been thinking... maybe if Sanju were married, settled in a family, I could go through with the surgery without these worries."

Narasimha listened intently, understanding the weight of his concern. "What kind of family are you looking for Sanju? And what are your criteria for a suitable groom?" he inquired gently. Ashok Rao sighed, "I just want a loving family who will accept Sanju as their own. She's been devoid of family love since she was a child. The boy should be caring, responsible, with a stable income, and free from any bad habits or addictions." "What about the age difference? Would that matter? I have a groom in mind but he is 36 years old." Narasimha prodded further. Reflecting on his own life, Ashok Rao responded, "Age isn't a significant factor. My wife and I had a 20-year age gap, but we shared a life full of love and care. So yes, even if the groom is around 36, that would be acceptable, as long as the other conditions are met."

Excitement flickered in Narasimha's eyes as a potential solution dawned on him, one that could potentially bring happiness to both Ashok Rao's and his own family. He pondered over this newfound idea, his mind actively working through the possibilities. As the two men went their separate ways that morning, a sense of contemplation enveloped them. Ashok Rao, having unburdened his heart, felt a measure of relief from his anxieties. Narasimha, meanwhile, was buoyed by a rising tide of optimism. A plan was taking shape in his mind, one that promised not only to alleviate Ashok Rao's concerns but also to weave a thread of joy through two families. The prospects appeared bright and full of promise, igniting a keen anticipation within him. However, before proceeding any further, he knew a conversation with Lakshmi was imperative.With these thoughts, Narasimha made his way home, his stride lighter than when he had arrived at the park. A smile played on his lips, his heart buoyant with hope, and a newfound spring in his step.